LA County lifeguard boat

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by DutchRob, Jul 19, 2007.

1. DutchRob

DutchRob New Member

Hi Guys,

First I would like to introduce myself to you.

Being a 27 year old productdesigner from the Netherlands, I'm fascinated by the designs of (some) US products of the 50's / 60's. Designs from Raymond Loewy etc.

That's why I am looking for a boat like the L.A. County Lifeguards use or have used in the past.

Could anyone help me with a brandname, manufacturer of product range or other information (displacement, engine etc) of a boat like this:

http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgu...les+county+lifeguard+boat&svnum=10&um=1&hl=nl

I'm not sure if this is the most classic one, but I would be very grateful if someone could help me with data of this boat!

Also where I could find a classic boat like this for sale would be appreciated!

Thanks.. :)

2. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Hello Rob,

Can't help with your question. I just wanted to say hi, and welcome you to the forum.

Love your country's abilities with steel boat construction.

Have a good day. Someone will almost certainly help with the info you seek.

Tim

3. DutchRob

DutchRob New Member

Thanks Tim,

I've worked on some designs for a 120ft Heesen Yacht. All aluminium hull and deck. Now it's time to get my own boat since I live in a nice water recreational area.

I've put the question in the design topic as well, I hope to get some response.

I've found already about the Carolina style, but it's not that exactly what I look for.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.