Instincts

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by timgoz, Jun 5, 2007.

1. charmc

charmc Senior Member

That's on my list of things to do before exiting this fine place. Gotta be wonderful.

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

they go from feeding in our southern water to Tonga to mate and do what they have to do, Tonga is where you can dive with them, if they call 3 miles away, sounds so close
    They get caught in shark nets here, drown, the nets dont keep the sharks out, we only get whalers, bulls, hammerheads and stuff, but boy do they kill some mammals, so far they have caught no sealers:))

3. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

While out there once, with the cook from New Orleans, he was very scared cause they were coming right for us. I said "settle down" they know were here.

TRhey dived 75' away and surfaced about the same.

Don't get into when a sea lion got me in a restricated place but left me go. They have been known to attack small boats/

Do not remember if my 45/70 Govt. was aboard (a very large rifle), but if he would of started attacking my skiff, and if I had the chance, I would of blown his "protected" marine mammal head to Kingdom Come,

Thankfully, like the rest of my natural friends, we departed the same.

See ya later Bergmeister.

Tim

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.