Installing LPG in boats in America.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by tom kane, Sep 5, 2004.

1. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Installing LPG in boats in America

There are quite a few liquid injection of LPG EFI systems.
    www.versuslpg.com

Attached Files:

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Tom That web site needs applause, have you read it? Its absalute gobldygook.

It goes on and on and tells you nothing . It also keeps making reference to the fact that the system?? is compatable with plastic intake manifolds. I have never heard of a plastic intake manifold.

3. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

what ever happend to alcohal stoves,,rudder steering,,,and dead recogning? why is everything so,,complicated?,,,propane for boats,,,come on,,,,,this is where we arent using are braines,,,longliner

4. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

longliner, where's the fun in learning how to do things for yourself with simple reliable inexpensive stuff, when you could spend all week making money to spend on expensive complicated stuff, and then spend all weekend figuring out how to work said expensive complicated stuff instead of actually going out boating?

frosty/tom - I think what Versus is hyping is that they can program a new computer to go with your new propane injectors. Surprise, surprise. I would have thought you could just point the gas hose into the intake, turn it on, and the existing computer would know what to do ;)
    Virtually every onboard LPG system I've seen around here has the tanks mounted either on the swim platform, or in a separately vented locker high in the lazarette. The master tank valves generally get turned off whenever the stove's not in use. People tend to be pretty careful with the tanks around here, at least as far as I've seen.

5. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Installing LPG in boats in America

There is a lot of " imaginative" info in many websites,but you have to be careful that the info is infact incorrect there are many thing that many people are not familiar with in technology.Plastic manifolds (Induction tubes) have been on many motorcycles,outboards,autos,chainsaws etc., for a long time.I have used plastic induction tubes five feet long which constrict under high vaccum which gives more efficient induction,and as vaccum decreases they resume full diameter which gives greater volumetric efficiency.They do not normaly get hot as airflow with evaporating fuels gives a very low induction temperature.Remote fuel systems are very interesting and are not fraught with problems some people think.

6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

here we have so many rules, it's minwoggling
    for a start in my State you now must have a gas cert
    this means, duel lpg reg, metal plumbing , and a stove that either has a shut off valve or inbuilt safety shut off like the excellent Force 10, you can not sell a boat without, which means that if you hid hose type lines behind the panelling, tough you must tear it all out, Building new, i use SSlines, with flares, flares dont shake off like compression fittings and they cost nothing, at the gimballed end you a re allowed some steel mesh covered flex
    As for lpg tankage to drive a motor:confused:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.