Inflatable boat

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by mariner 40, Apr 7, 2006.

1. mariner 40

mariner 40 Junior Member

I'm looking at inflatables for my boat. Does anyone have experience with these? I'd like to find out which brands are better built.
    thanks

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

How big are you looking for? What capacity?
    The biggest consideration with selecting an inflatable tender is how big you need / can handle. If you're really short on space, something that folds quickly and has no rigid parts is a good idea. If you have the room to fit davits, the better ride of a RIB might be worth the extra cost and weight.
    Zodiac continues to be the definitive leader in the field, but a lot of other makers offer very comparable products with different features.
    Look at about a dozen of the things at your local dealer or boat show. Seeing the seams, valves etc. of several boats side-by-side will give you a pretty good idea of what's solid and what's shoddy.