IMP 1978 no numbers , where to look ? help!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by whitejohn1999, Sep 27, 2005.

1. whitejohn1999

whitejohn1999 Junior Member

IMP 1978 no numbers ,need help

hi, i have a 1978 cabin cruser,24 ft,imp , plate for the numbers has been taken off or missing, got a title that has a 10 hin ,number on it, but need to have it inspected in missoui and need to know where to look for the hidden number,or any id, they said it had to have 12 numbers, any answers would help me a lot,thanks , whitejohn1999

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  2. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

Often the hin number on the boat is embossed on the transom (inside or outside) and behind the dashboard. Technically it should be nearly impossible to get rid of the HIN. This number should not be on a removable plate. If the hull has been painted, it could have been covered with putty and painted over. Look on the stbd side of the transom

3. whitejohn1999

1978 imp

hi, thanks, ill take paint remover and start clearing spots, took the dash apart .but thanks for the information if i find ill let you know. thanks again . whitejohn1999

4. whitejohn1999

1978imp

hi, looks like someone has puddy it . guess ill keep looking, thanks for your help. whitejohn1999

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If the plate with numbers is missing, you can use an engraver and mark it yourself. I assume it is a legitimate deal.

6. whitejohn1999

1978 imp

hi, will yes and no on the boat up and up, the title was a clean okla , title .but when i went to reg, it in moissouri, they said the title dident show but 10 numbers it had to be 12. looked at boat dident find any, but they took my 200. 00 dollars for taxes and i got a pink slip and some numbers to put on the bow,but the title is still in the other persons name, so is it my boat or ? crazy mixed up deal isent it? thanks for your help.whitejohn1999

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.