I want to get a Boat for the following purposes

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by amgad.sobieh, May 5, 2010.

1. amgad.sobieh

amgad.sobieh Guest

hi All,

I have a question, I would like to get a boat to be used as for one day events inside the sea and week ends trips. so how can I start searching and reading about the requirement of my boat ?

detailed answers will be really helpful as I have no idea about this field.

thanks
    Amgad Sobieh

2. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

Generally the first thing I would suggest you do is to find ways to spend time on boats. Pretty much any time spend aboard at this point will be helpfull.

What you are looking for generally are the answers to a few questions which I have placed in general order of importance...

1) Power or sail? They both have advantages
    2) How long do I plan to be away from the dock? A night or two is very different from a week
    3) How much do I care about accomodations? Air conditions might be a big deal
    4) Do I plan of going off shore or plan to stay in sheltered water?
    5) Which boats do I like the look of? If you don't love what you buy it willalways bother you
    6) How much interior room do I want?
    7) What is the actual cost of ownership in Egypt? Include slippage, fuel costs, maintenance, ect.

Once these questions are answered then you can start down the design spiral towards an actual recommendation, but without this information it would be pretty futile.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Nothing beats experience. Also, do all the legal research for the intended application of the boat.