How can an American buy a CHEAP house in 3rd World?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Squidly-Diddly, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The perfect time . Its not doable when your young you have to make hay while the sun shines. I believe 20,000 a month leave UK ( a very large number) , sell an over inflated house and buy one in the sun for a fraction of the selling price and enjoy what time you have left.

Pattaya may not suit you but I am amazed at the older people retiring here. Medical care insurance are second so none. The bowling green last nighr was full of old guys sitting in the setting sun with a beer aas I passed to a more exiting part of town. Im 59.

The only excuses are in your head. You can even claim your pension from you UK account.

2. Silver Raven

Silver Raven Senior Member

G'day - very young fella. A fab 2012 to you! More info please. Pattaya - is where? Oh hey bloke I'm comming with you - "to a more exciting part of town" & only 72. If'n they run to-quick I can't catch them all but I have a wonderful time trying. How much does the life style cost up there for a minimalist type feller? Have a great day, bloke, james

3. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

We got too many Aussies here already Silver, --they just wont die. At eighty the barstrads are chasing all the women and drinking all the beer. You cant get on the pool table for bloody Aussies.

Pattaya -- well head North west passing Darwin and head for Barley, pass Singapore on your left and keep going north till it gets to 22 meters then look right and drop the hook in a nice calm 8 meter.

Or 150km south Bangkok.

5. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I believe dropping into another culture quite different from your own, with the obvious language difficulties just a part of that, is a major challenge. You would have to be pretty disenchanted with your current situation to countenance it.

6. Mr Efficiency

I think one less Aussie hanging about there now, after being cleaned out financially by one of the local women, or so his mother tells me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Silver Raven

Silver Raven Senior Member

G'day M-E - Did some stupid OZie-male - take items out of his pocket - that should have stayed zipped-up? Silly man - but aren't we all??

Saba-san - Tnx - Could have done that but then I wouldn't know what 'the young - frost-bite' - thought. Too damn Ozies there. Drinkin all his beer, chasing his Ladies & being a bloody pest. Boy - we Ozies do that very well !!

I'll just have to - pick-up the boat in The Philippines & sail it to Phuket & stay there while I do the Kings Cup & then go where I can without upsetting 'the young frost-bite'. Don't want to do anything but enjoy my life without uppsetting anyone. I'm a lover-not-a-fighter, unless pushed.

M-E - I've lived in Oz since 1960 & loved-it - - but it's not a very nice place anymore - at least for me. Worked here, played here & enjoyed it - until now.

I want to do the Darwin to Ambon race/cruise & the cruising div of the Kings Cup but have top go and pick-up the toy in The Philippines first. I was just trying to do some home-work before I did all the serious research. Have a SE Asian bloke that'll make the language/customs transition much easier.

Thanks for the advise - M-E though. Ciao, james - OH & thanks a bundle - frost-bitten one. Buy U a 'sundowner' or six - one day, soon I hope. jj

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

You've just missed the Kings cup by a week. the Langkawi regatta starts today if you can make it by sign in tomorrow.

A woman tricking a man out of his money --where was that Ive never ever heard of that before. Well--- not today yet.

9. Mr Efficiency

Of course, happens anywhere, but in this instance the police are claimed to be lacking in enthusiasm in pursuing what is allegedly fraud involving a forged signature.

10. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

exciting part of town?

So are the ladies as obtainable as I have heard?A bricklayer I know comes over there twice a year and reckons for £20 a week apiece he has one on each arm.He always comes back with a big smile on his face,even though it takes him a month to re-cooperate.
    I cant make the move over there,the body is willing,but my finances aren't.
    Got cleaned out by two ladies,Maggie thatcher and the wife.Just cruisin'on my pension now.I'm 66.[any jobs going for a good bricklayer there?]

11. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

valvebounce,
    New housing construction is still way down in the US. The preferred status symbol of a brick home still exists in the US. In Louisiana, it's the WHITE brick home if you can afford it.
    I read somewhere long ago, the appeal of a brick home, was because the earliest rich men in the colonies were ship captains. Heavy cargo of cotton, tobacco, rum, molasses, and timber sailed to europe and light cargos of tea, pottery, paper, fabrics and spices returned. The ships needed cheap ballast for return trip, so captain bought bricks. They were tossed out when reloading the ship and eventually captain had a big pile. When he was rich and ready to build a home, being a thrifty yankee, he used the pile of bricks.
    Since the rich men lived in brick homes, it became a status symbol. In truth, brick as a building material has many negatives. Labor intensive, weak except as a facade, and poor insulator.
    Wish you all the best

12. Yobarnacle

The chinese character for harmony is a stylized picture of a house with a woman in the door. The character for chaos, is a pictograph of a house with 2 women standing in the door. :D

13. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

14. Yobarnacle

Ah! Valvebounce! Can you come to Mexico and build several out buildings for me like Hoyt posted?

15. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

Thunderbox

I can see you have been constipated for a long time,there are plants growing outside your thunderbox door,whats the wreath for,somebody die in there?Haha.
    Read your SA http thing,I have had the opinion that it would be a bloodbath there for years.Logically speaking,I dont think there is an answer and it will only get worse.Watching the news,it seems like China will eventually take over Africa,they are investing over there,and with their vast population they need a new vast land to populate.Maybe this will be the eventual answer.
    I cant see the Chinese putting up with gang warfare,or over inflated mini kingdoms,it could be the saving grace of the place.Some vast changes are about to happen,it will take time,but I reckon it will be for the better.