How can an American buy a CHEAP house in 3rd World?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Squidly-Diddly, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Silver Raven

Silver Raven Senior Member

G'day Dave - aka 'Youba' - You've got big b@^ls, mate. Well done. You've got my acceptance totally. Your a 26 out of 10, cobber!!!!

You're right - there are some annoying little people - but they are everywhere. Got 3 next door, we've got a rural property of quite some acres - so we can't see them & don't have them - at our fence line - but you can have them - "that's life, eh" !! I'll even pay you cash to take-them-away!!!

You are one othe the few - very high level achievers in these forums & I personally have great respect for all of your contributions. If you wish to - vent your speen' then PM me personally _ at 71, male, yacht builder for over 50 years - I can assure you - I can take it & respond with a kind question or 3. Then when all that's done we'll meet somewhere in this galixy & have a 'sundowner or 6' just for old times sake.

Well done mate. I'd like to get to know a person of such fab personal stature. Thanks, james aka silver raven & aka 'jj-geri-hat-trick' (in CF before I got booted-out) Am I to believe that 'Lighthouse' - Bob Hobbs - is no longer a part of that 'forum' He was the grandest guy I've met in a long long time. jj

1 person likes this.
  2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I said take your head from the sand America. I also said Mr potato google this.

At what part do you think you fit into it Mr Yobarnacle.

3. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

So after after 6 pages, we have crossed off South Africa for safety and anywhere near Frosty in Thailand for sand and potato issues :D

4. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Frosty,
    I'll ask your pardon too.
    I'm very extroverted and a people person. So is my wife. I enjoy the diversity of cultures and people in this world. I have fortunately made friends all over the world. I hope I'll make some new friends in this forum.
    It seemed to me, Frosty, you were continuing in same vein here as on another thread, where I inquired were you trying to pick an insult flinging fight with me.
    I took your comments personally.
    In truth, I still suspect you INTENDED me to take them personally. :)
    This ain't my first rodeo.
    But It was wrong of me to lose my cool and lash out. Please forgive. Perdoname mucho. Por favor. Lo siento, lo lamento. Sincero

1 person likes this.
  5. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

Actually, and would you believe it, I have a black friend from the usa (bad usa, bad...:D) who would strongly disagree. He tried South America and found that blacks areas not welcome as the white usanians...

I can confirm for Chile that to be accurate. Chileans, in general, hate black people. Apparently, according to my friend, the other countries, including Brazil, were no better for him either. 'Cept Colombia, but he was too much of a chicken to even try. Plus, it's quite an expensive country...

So, he tried China, Vietnam, Japan...

Finally he did find a 3rd world country where he was able to buy under $30,000 usd, but he told me recently: "... that's what I am trying to escape from...!!!!"

A 3 bedroom house in a rather poshy neighbourhood in Ohio...

6. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Are there any good free websites to find shortsales and tax sales like this?

I'm interested in deals on waterfront or canal property.

7. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

Is there a waterfront in Ohio?

I'll ask my companero and let you know, but I'm sure that a quick search on the net will yield some results too.

8. BPL

BPL Senior Member

> Is there a waterfront in Ohio?
    On Lake Erie.
    Most of the shortsales and tax sales I see are cookie-cutter inland houses that aren't of any value to me. But I'm looking for properties on the water that has value in itself. I hope the economic dip is my opportunity to get some waterfront that I couldn't afford before.

9. Yobarnacle

Try Toledo Ohio. Maumee river and Lake Erie. Pretty depressed area.
    And if you wait till spring thaw, and flooding, property even cheaper, and you can pick what isn't flooded or not badly flooded.

10. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

Well, water is water, as they say. If there's no land around chilean lakes to be found for less than 200 000 euros... But the winters are brutal up there and long... Wouldn't it be better further down south where the cold is less brutal?

11. Yobarnacle

Masrapido,
    Are you saying Chile is chilly?

12. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Comes down to money. I don't take extreme heat real well either. It would be nice to have a summer place up north and a winter place down south. Don't know if there is a perfect place between - if there is, everyone else probably already knows about it and property prices are too high for me by a factor of 10.

13. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Dont know prices but Georgia and the Carolinas have very acceptable year round weather.

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I don't think anyone here is serious about moving house --your not asking the questions that are relative.

15. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

It's a shame people get judged by the color of their skin, no matter how dark or light.

Ohio! That's horrifying. The place is round on the ends and high in the middle. Someone could fall off! Sometimes they are high on the ends too.

Horrifying. :eek: :D