How can an American buy a CHEAP house in 3rd World?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Squidly-Diddly, Dec 22, 2011.

1. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

I am surprised how intolerant of other cultures people who claim offense to this thread are. Seriously.

Does Fanie's culture in South Africa not count as a culture?

I don't pretend for a second to understand what Fanie may have seen or experienced in SA to make him feel the way he does.

He is a minority where he lives. Minorities often feel alienated. Just because he's not a minority where you are from doesn't mean that he is not a minority at home, in his world.

Although Fanie: It does work the other way in the USA. Non-white people were at a big disadvantage buying real estate since they were actively targeted (especially if they didn't speak English well) by the companies engaging in doing sub prime, ARM mortgages.

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Insert from London Times: "South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 6% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others."

Were ? Then the problem was resolved.

There is so much that was delberately made wrong in SA I wouldn't know where to start, although it would bore the pants off you. Only whites in SA are racists. It irritates the crap out of me if someone expects me to be sorry or appologetic because my skin is white to the point where I may not even say I am a white. You find this on all the forums.

There are places you as a white will not be allowed to live because you are white. Where is 19th Street ? NY ? Can you go run around beyond 19th in safely ?

Same thing here. Some areas are only 'reserved' by those living there and they exclude whites. Why are there not white areas where blacks will be killed if they dare go in there ?

Sorry, perhaps I didn't understand the original question.

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

My sympathies Fanie. Most folks think the Africaaners stole south africa from a black indigenous population. They don't realize south africa was largely uninhabited when originally settled by whites. They don't understand the blacks in SA were refugees and fleeing imigrees from central africa.
    I'm afraid SA is lost to you. The rest of the world abandoned you to your fate.
    My suggestion, get out while you can. It's hard to lose everything and walk away. But there are other places in the world you can live, rebuild, and flourish. I'm afraid you'll lose all your families ever built, eventually anyway. Escape with your lives, while you still have those.

4. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

LOL Yobarnacle, you're more optimistic than I am :D

Never say never...

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Never pile junk on the escape hatch.

6. Yobarnacle

Hoyt,
    I do appreciate you, I really do! :D

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Glad to hear it. Sorry your internet has a stronger vacuum than Catbuilder's boat shop.

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

That's not so easy - I'm 600km from the nearest sea !
    The threat of a full scale genocide is real. Al the za gov has to do is to stop paying the millions of squatters their monthly fee... (I think you refer to them as zombies there). They will flood everywhere to get what they can. Why do you think we are being disarmed - the gov want this to happen. The finger cannot be pointed to them and their dirty work would be done for them. They just have to clean up afterwards.

9. Yobarnacle

Fanie, how far are you from an airport? Mortgage, sell anything you can. Portable wealth, jewelry, cash, documents take with you on vacation. Stay on vacation, changing countries as visas expire. When blood bath happens, ask for assylum. Can't go home. Tough to do but alive to do it!

10. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

First, Fanie... if it's that bad you move. Heck, I bash the USA all the time, but it sounds like it's a lot better living conditions that SA. Move here. Move anywhere.

About NYC... It's 91st street where things start to go bad. :D Nothing to do with a specific race, just danger from many races up there. Up in the 90's and 100's, it starts to change and gets progressively worse all the way into the Bronx, which is really rough.

19th street?

It's a couple blocks north of Union Square, which looks like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now 91st street up to the Bronx?

Looks like this... There are plenty of white guys in the Bronx and just about every other nationality or ethnicity, too. It's a damn scary place if you get off the main streets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Yobarnacle

Once again, use your head. Don't be a victim. The best way NOT to be a victim is to be a predator!
    Example, returning to my ship after vacation, I found myself stranded at bus/train station 2 am, in Cleveland Ohio. This was early 1970's and Cleveland was murder capitol pf the world then. No taxis available, I decided to walk the few miles to the dock, carying just a gym bag I had with me. Soon, I was walking thru the "Projects". Government subsidized apartment bldgs for poor and under priveledged. I said to myself,"Dumb, Stupid, Dangerous, Crazy,.." and some other charming epithets. I decided I needed to be prepared if accosted.
    Not long after I saw a huge black man walking toward me a couple blocks ahead. When he was less than a block away, I threw down my bag, posed like a gorilla, and YELLED, "HEY! Get across the street! Can't you see? I'm hunting on this side!" He ran across street. Probably some innocent fella on the way home from girlfriends and next day told everybody about the "CRAZY" white man he met in the night.
    I ain't a victim, I'm a predator!

12. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

One of my friends visited the US when his doughters competed in gymnastics. When he got back he couldn't stop talking about how clean and organized it was there. It was near Disneyland.

An airport ? Mate if the crap hits the fan they will close the airports, roads and every other means of going anywhere.

I've never run from a good fight before, lets wait and see. If I get waisted, so be it. We all die sometime and dying for something is better than just dying.
    The bugger-up is if statistics are correct there is something like between 3.5 million to 5 million illegal firearms in SA.

It is, but it is also not wrong to bash the US if you know it can be better !

Attached is a squatter hut made from traffic signs.

Attached Files:

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

One of my friends had a job to do up in Africa. When he got back he said to me what we have here is a slither of civilization in a vast nothing. The rest of Africa still does not have infrastructure, roads, power, running water, hospitals etc, they even do their toilet stuff on the side of the street. It is primitive and extremely poor.

And SA is now returning there...

Attached Files:

14. Yobarnacle

The thing about the US is we have the FREEDOM to bash the US. I love and revere the US and the founding principles.
    It's the BUTTHEADS in power I despise!

15. Yobarnacle

great cartoon Fanie