How can an American buy a CHEAP house in 3rd World?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Squidly-Diddly, Dec 22, 2011.

1. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

I guess...but for general interest there are still places in the world which are undervalued.

Ploce, the seaport on the Bosnian Croatia frontier is another to have a look at. Fantastic harbour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Ploče

2. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Why third world?
    Plenty of places in the US that 30 buys into.
    Even 2k for that matter.

Or are you looking for the whole ball of wax- cost of living etc?
    In the US- remote places are like economic islands- the ability to wear several hats keeps one fed.

"fitting in" lies far more on culture than color.

Some flexibility and an open mind will be required in any move far outside of ones ken.

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

yup I've considered buying in Nebraska cause its got that big fat river going right smack through it. Could at least launch and get to the ocean from there, maybe even make my way around to the PNW eventually, and have my captains license by then. Lands dirt cheap, so to speak.

Friend got two homes in Scotsbluff for under 30k a ton of land and utilities, granted the houses were a wreck but still. It came with the hookups and you couldn't possibly get to foundation for 30k on two buildings.

Stans nailed it, lots of good stuff available right here.

4. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

No, they should have killed this ignorant, hateful post.

5. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

i think you are getting a bit carried away, i am sure squid had no intention of making racial comments. if you remove all the words that offend some people it gets hard to complete a sentence.

6. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

Actually it would have worked just fine

To
    Removal of one word conveys the same message unless of course the message was about skin colour and some form of superiority.

1 person likes this.
  7. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

Interesting area, haven't been but the wife has some Damlmatae heritage which had us looking many years ago as a possible place to visit some day.
    Split appealed to me as a safe looking harbour and interesting cruising grounds.

Then we discovered South East Asia and decided that was far easier.

8. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

I have no issue with squid, it is an intelligent, honest question he raised and we can learn from it if the P.C. storm troopers don't get their way,
    My post quoted and was aimed at pistnbroke and his bigoted quip. Not the thread itself.

9. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

I'm living in a 3rd world country 1 hour from US border. Doesn't take an hour because of distance but because of waiting in line of cars on bridge to clear US customs/immigration inspection.
    I have a PO box on US side I visit once a week, and buy a few groceries that aren't available in Mexico. I like mexican food but I'm accustomed to a more varied diet.

10. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Because my wife is mexican, I enjoy the priveledge of owning property in her name in Mexico. We purchased a gated complex here with off street parking for 6 cars. 3 buildings. One is a single story used as storage but Ill eventually add 2nd story and make into a town house. The other 2 buildings contain two 2 story townhouses each. total 4 residences. Each has 2 bedrooms, one and half baths, living, dining, kitchen, and private walled patio in rear. Purchased all for $100k US. Properties are even cheaper now because Mexico is economically suffering too.

11. Petros

Petros Senior Member

I would consider looking at Belize. A former British colony, stable government and they speak English. I designed a hurricane resistant house for a client that plans to retire to a coastal community there. the land was cheap and he was planning on hiring local craftsmen to to help him build it. Much lower cost of living and actually can be driven to from the USA.

You likely can find existing houses to buy, but you will likely have to do renovations to it. Just stay away from the resort areas.

You can buy into marina communities specially built for Americans, or properties on inland waters with large rivers to the Caribbean. The only draw back I think is there are only a few large cities with good international airports and the coastal areas are hurricane prone.

12. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

No, the question is ligit. If a black buys property then he is looked apon more favourably as to a white person. We have exactly the same problem here.

Blacks must get everything for free - whites must pay. All over the world only 'black' organizations exist and a hell of a lot of them. If a single white organization is even attempted then all hell breaks loose. Google and see for yourself.

This means that WHITES do not have the same privileges as blacks ? Why do you so eagerly discriminate against whites ? Why are blacks ashamed to be black ? Why do blacks hate whites ?

I don't think that Americans think they rule the world - I think they just think right for the most part which is a hell of a lot more than what most other countries can say !

If you want to park for free, come to Souf eh eh eh Efrica. There are a gazillion places you can live for free because the whites who work pay(ed) for everything.

My advice is to stay in a country where you have the right to arm and protect yourself and where you have a system that defend your rights.
    There are more people murdered in SA in a day now than what there were murdered in the old SA in a whole year.

BTW. We're attempting a case against laws that is screwing our rights - if it's going to be throwed out then I may knock on some of your doors for a place to live in (near water). Can't tell you how sick I am of this figgin.... sh2t !

13. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

Only an american based site would allow this style of post to continue.....so I will unsubscribe and leave you racists to it ,,,,,

14. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ya this is getting a bit over the top
    I'm out

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Yep, happens all the time. Run. It is due to attitudes like your's that have us killed here at the rate of between 50 to 100 per day.

Do you want to see any pictures what they do to people ? Or is it a bit too much for you. Just critisize then run when the evidence is presented.

Hint : Your first counter argument should be about now that we overly emotional.
    It's a bloody shame we don't have oil eh :(

Oh I forgot to ask, Piston, I hear that crime has gone up by 300% since your government took away your right to life by disarming you. Howzit feel so far ? Had the chance to become a victim yet ?