Holiday Greetings

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by duluthboats, Dec 22, 2002.

1. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

[​IMG]

Hi all,

I hope Bo won’t be upset for high jacking his card. I thought it would get more visibility here. So thanks to Bo Zolland, (hermanform) for the card.

I want to also extend my wishes for all to have a happy holiday and great New Year.

Gary and Peg :D :D

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too Gary, and to Bo Zolland (thanks for posting the fantastic images!), and to all the other members of our forums as well! I hope you all have a great Holiday season and a wonderful new year.

I really appreciate all the great input you guys offer to our forums and want to thank everyone now and again for making our forums the interesting and helpful community they are. I started to thank everyone personally in this post, but if I do that I'll inevitably forget one name and they're be mad a me so I'll just leave it at that :D

Thanks for all you do, to all those reading this, and I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

3. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Merry Christmas to you all!!

4. joe

joe Junior Member

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season, Merry Christmas and God Bless. Joe :)

5. glasbotomboat

glasbotomboat Junior Member

Boatbuilders Christmas scene

Hi all you in my boatbuilding addiction support group!

This is a little Christmas scene that I thought many might like. It's a neat story, that started from my grandmother. When I was little, she used to make a miniature village scene with a lake by taking the cotton "snow" material and cutting open an oval shaped hole in it that she put a hand mirror underneath, where I would then place figurines of skaters and build a village around with miniature houses, cars, sleighs etc.
    Then, a few days ago, (fast forward thirty years) my wife was setting up the Christmas tree on one of my Dichrolam tables (laminated glass I make, that looks like water) and was thinking about doing the same thing that my grandmother did. Then Tricia pulls out this little wooden boat ornament I had never seen! So I quickly made a miniature "dock" and set up the "lake" scene. Very appropriate since I'm knee deep in the middle of my second glass-bottomed boat. See the progress at: www.pbase.com/dr_dichro and click on New Boat Construction. Pbase.com is a wonderful site to upload pics into your own gallery for free.

Merry Christmas,

John Blazy

6. glasbotomboat

glasbotomboat Junior Member

edited last post to replace large dimension pic with smaller one and lost the attachment ability. Here's the Christmas scene:)

Attached Files:

7. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

A very Merry Christmas to you too John,

Great looking glass BTW - looks fantastic.

8. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

The forum software must have been jealous that you included a plug for another gallery ;)

9. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

And Merry Christmas Mike and Joe as well :)

10. Polarity

Polarity Senior Member

Belated seasons greetings..

And a great new year!

From me and the hound!

Paul

Attached Files:

11. Polarity

Polarity Senior Member

12. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Uh oh... getting senile I guess :)

--But our gallery software is very greedy for good boat related photos...

13. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

ROTFL - and I love the photo Paul! Happy new year.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.