Help ID my Boat from Photo

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Mda_, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Mda_

Mda_ New Member

Hello all,

I am New to Boating heck so new I have no idea what I am doing...
    I recently bought a Small 14' boat locally and I didn't know thae can of worms I bought ...

My problem is I can't find the Hull ID?? HIN?

I am just short of gutting it out to replace the Floor another powerwash and start to sand her down...

I bought this for my father and thought it be a great project I need the HIN to register it and no there was no title with the boat got it from a widow whose husband used it for past 20 years or so she says last time used was in 2000

I will link a few Pics so any info would be helpfull...
    Motor was a 7.5hp lil outboard with no cover or markings thats another stry alltogether

Thanks for the Help

Bill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

In your last photo, if there is a HIN number it should be right in front of you at waist level. If you were looking forward, it would be right under your nose. ;o)
    The upper starboard corner of the transom. The numbers are embossed into the gelcoat. Sam

3. alan white

alan white Senior Member

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

It's a "whaler", sez so on the side! thought they taught '*******' to read, obviously not very well!

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Help ID my boat

SamSam's right - I can see it from here....
    But why not rip your fence down and use the timber to built something decent....:D

6. alan white

alan white Senior Member

How unkind.

7. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Help ID my boat

Unkind ? No, Alan, just saving the man from himself...roaring around in that nasty 'stinkpot' when he could be following the wind in a pretty timber dinghy... :D

Looks like chestnut to me. Perhaps Bill could tell us.

8. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

mda ,,nice boat ,,nicer boat anchor ,,in the garage,,ok ok,ya get a little rasing from the low lifes but really ,,sell the vet ,,use the other for a dingy,,,then we'll be having fun...longliner

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Cant take the fence down it would expose the garden fountain.

I can see two angels above the affore mentioned fence, obviously from a fountain of some kind.

Eeerr the Vet I guess 76-- probably-- L82 !!! 350 ci auto.

Never seen one that colour.

10. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Help ID my boat

Quick Bill, contact Flydog - he's got the paint-pot out....:D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  11. alan white

alan white Senior Member

He's fixing it up for his dad. The fence is likely spruce or Atlantic cedar. Last time I saw a piece of chestnut, it was in a museum.

I owned a simlar boat once. I got it in trade from a customer who couldn't pay me cash. Many boats pass through our hands, and they do not necessarily say anything about what we prefer. Each one teaches us something, though, when we work on them. Don't you agree?

A.

12. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

the fence is home depot white pine with dog ear cut,,howerver I find it hard to believe a man with a boat and corvette is not wearing a wedding ring,, he is probably smarter than the rest of us ,,,,,,longliner

13. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Dog ear cut... you are spending far too much time at Home Depot, methinks.
    I'll say one thing. He's nuts to be out working on a boat in this weather. Three snowstorms in two weeks! Gimme a break! I got a space heater going in the barn and damn near died of monoxide poisoning. I'm considering moving my varnishables into the house and doing them in there. Eat your hearts out, all you kept men! Try THAT one on your wife or girlfriend!

A.

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well Ive never been married so I dont know where you wear a ring, but he does have a ring on what I always thought to be a wedding ring finger.

So,--- not so smart as you first thought him to be!!!

Thres a moral to this thread ,--never ever post good pictures of yourself.

Hope hes got a sence of homour?

Alan white --bringing in the heater to the house to varnish would be my girlfriends idea.

4 years ago I smashed the bath out of the bathroom,--I have not done a thing with it as I am too busy on the boat. Beat that!!!

15. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Obviously you've never heard of using several gallons of muriatic acid in the tub to brighten old bronze fittings, otherwise you'd be ahead of the game by now! Stings a bit when you take a shower, peels some skin too, but you should see the bronze! Don't it shine!
    Tip No. 56: When cutting rigging wire without cable cutters, take your tube flaring tool and clamp the wire in the appropriate sized split hole. Plug in the offset grinder with 1/16" cutting wheel behind the refrigerator, brace the flare tool against a 3m abrasive pad against the antique kitchen table, and cut the wire through flush with the side of the tool.
    Hah!

A.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.