Hello new member

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by bvlgary, Jun 7, 2007.

1. bvlgary

bvlgary Junior Member

new member from manchester uk, moving to bulgaria soon so i need a new hobby. am esp looking for plans, designs etc on hydroplanes or other boats that seem simple to build. i am looking at this as a hobby but over the years, i would like to be self sufficent in this as will be in a new country and not speaking their language. any help on plans designs or anything else i would be much appreciated, regards

2. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

WELCOME... find in forum search engine or look in older thread. Happy hunting:)

3. bvlgary

bvlgary Junior Member

cheers

thanks westlawn, i have found e few of the older designs cabover, minimost,minimax. i just wondered whether there was any others out there on sites not mentioned. also whether it was still best to use wood or whether fibreglass could come into play for the better, regards for your post though

4. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Welcome, bvlgary. Westlawn's given you good advice. There are threads here going back more than 5 years. Try "design" and "powerboats" for starters. It will take time, but you can go back through threads and find links to photos and plans by contributors, plus links to other sites. If something a contributor said sounds interesting, you can click on that person's name/avatar and get a drop down menu giving you access to his/her other posts, gallery pictures, etc. There isn't any one place to go for all the info, but if you put in the time there's a wealth of info available.

Last thought: Try starting a thread with your questions in the designs or powerboat sections.

As westlawn said, good hunting!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.