Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Community > Open Discussion: All Things Boats & Boating
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking north View Post
I think that is more than fair-after all we shoud appreciate we can even post non boat items. While i'm sure most of us realize that alot of this chat is gobbly-gook, it is as we old HAM operators say -- just nice to chat ---and speaking of chat--Frosty--Michael--Tunnels-- (will edit and fill in more names) you are all invited for Mooseburgers-Steak and Beer once you all come clean and post a photo of your "closet gun"
Dont have any kind of a thing that even resembles a firearm so no photos .
A few weeks back the chinese airforce was buzzing the area where i am but nothing lately . Korea while i worker there we were in the flight path for the airforce and at least 20 planes a day used to low fly and scare the crap out of me they were so fast and close got used to it after a month or two . They alway flew in pairs so if you saw one the other wasnt far away .
the only uniformed persons i seen in all the time i been her was in Changchun way up north ,other than that zilch !,not a one . Or there camiflage is really goood and cant see them !!
Go buy some paint balls and shoot each other and leave the animal population be !! It had a mother and a father how do you think they feel to watching there off spring get shot and killed by man the killer just for the hell of it !!.
Dont need guns and dont need drugs !!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 PM
NA Student

Rep: 71 Posts: 72
Can't really compare human emotion to the rest of the animal kingdom. Many kill & eat their own offspring...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by die_dunkelheit View Post
Can't really compare human emotion to the rest of the animal kingdom. Many kill & eat their own offspring...
But thats nature and the way of seletive breeding to keep the species in good shape for there survival
Nothing to do with senseless indiscriminatly killing just for the hell of having WHAT MAN CALLS a good time at others exspence !
WE DONT NEED GUNS AND WE DONT NEED DRUGS !!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Previous Member

Saw gun shooting prog on USA Tv in deep south Thailand on some cable.

They stalked this deer -husband and wife team then shot it, counted the points then stuck a stick under its head so it looked alive then took a photo of themselves with the deer with its head propped up.

He even gave his Web site so you can contact him to go shooting stuff.

How disgusting is that. Its not sport not food just money.

Ille get the web site next time I stay in that Hotel and post it.

Oh and then this guy tried to kill one with a Bow and arrow.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:34 AM

Rep: 2050 Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnels View Post
But thats nature and the way of seletive breeding to keep the species in good shape for there survival
Nothing to do with senseless indiscriminatly killing just for the hell of having WHAT MAN CALLS a good time at others exspence !
WE DONT NEED GUNS AND WE DONT NEED DRUGS !!
How about a straight answer to this, instead of avoiding it: why is it wrong, disgusting and evil to kill a deer and eat it, but it's fine for someone in a slaughterhouse to knock off a cow so you can eat it? Don't those cows have mothers too?

And please don't come back with "we don't need guns and we don't need drugs!!" It's no answer, and if you keep pounding it into my head I'm going to need at least an aspirin....
Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 AM

Rep: 1035 Posts: 1,648
Catbuilder- That was in south west coast of Newfoundland up in the Appalachian Mountains in the Long Range -Table Mountain branches -just below the tree line. That was a young bull and shared it with my hunting partiner only. It's an area that i hunted for years before moving from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia(different provinces(states). Because i now live in Nova Scotia I must hire a hunting guide to hunt in Newfoundland, an area that I know as good or better than a guide but they were very understanding and gave me leeway. In this case the night before they were enquiring why an old guy like me didn't have a scope on my Savage 30-06 (two triggers, one set, one hair). I told them I never used a scope in my life and made good shots out to 400yds. They all laughed at me and told me to have another drink of rum to help me relax for a possible 50 to 100yd. shot the next day as they felt an old man with glasses(sight problems) would need that distance. They ate their words the next day when they measured off this one shot kill at around 225 yds. in drissle and dying light. My record is a one time 400yd. 1000lb. on the hoof bull, spine shot just behind the fore sholder. I cheated a little , It was an open bog shot and i rested the gun on my parteners back with him in a crouched hands on knees position. There were no trees or stumps and the bog brush was too high for a kneel or lay shot. It took two days for his ears to stop ringing but that didn't stop him from the tasty steaks
I once owned a 30-06 Withworth African Hunt special.Hand picked 1 of 1000 barrel. During one of my economic downtimes I needed cash bad and had to sell it. I've went thru 20 rifles after that until the Savage which with that hair trigger set up makes it as good as the Withworth. Have to admit, Still yearn for that Withworth. For close in brush hunting I use a 45-70 single shot. That 300g.low velocity hunk of lead will stop a train. For the anti gun-anti hunt -I've never wounded and lost an animal not because i am the great white hunter but because i am an experienced hunter from a kid and use the right tool to harvest my food.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM

Rep: 1173 Posts: 4,758
domesticated animals like cows are part of Human development and were domesticated to avoid the need to hunt. The Hunter Gatherer phase of human development is long over. Humans are now city dwellers. Very little need in modern civilization to kill any wild creature.

Modern hunter gatherers in pickup trucks ,wearing Chinese camouflage suites, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a gun in the other are killing for fun.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 AM

Rep: 209 Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael pierzga View Post
domesticated animals like cows are part of Human development and were domesticated to avoid the need to hunt. The Hunter Gatherer phase of human development is long over. Humans are now city dwellers. Very little need in modern civilization to kill any wild creature.

Modern hunter gatherers in pickup trucks ,wearing Chinese camouflage suites, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a gun in the other are killing for fun.
Is it more or less humane to confine and kill animals or let animals run free until food is needed?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 AM

Rep: 1035 Posts: 1,648
Michael-you are truely losing my respect-I know there have been times on the forum where i have suspected you were baiting for a little fista cuffs but i have always overlooked this as typical male post pissing . Come on now, read what you have just posted. Normally i wouldn't even respond to such a narrow minded statement but in you case i know you know the difference. First-cows today are nothing but computerised hunks of growth hormones whose meat i avoid like the plague. To back this up I challenge you to view the documentry "Food Inc." available on dvd. Second not all humans are city boys and many city boys came from the country. Hunting is still an important food supply to many. To back this up do a study in the lifestyle of native and rural North Americans. Finally your description of a typical hunter is just plain not true. It is true that some fit this description, just as it would be true some boaters fit that description. View that DVD --your opinion will change -- It's a scarey situation---Geo.

Off to the bunk--good night all--Geo.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:55 AM

Err...first if society did not practice large scale domesticated animal production we would all starve to death. Second I grew up on a farm and the end of hunting season meant vultures circling dead animals. Hunting is not humane . Animal are wounded then slowly die. The end of hunting season also meant repairing the damage caused by hunters ...shot gun blasted signs and gates, alcohol bottle in ditches, spent shells, chopped up ground cover to make blinds in the middle of feilds and many times fire damage . Remember its very difficult to keep hunters off your property..they have guns, whiskey and like to kill things
Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Previous Member

Quote:

Ever been to a bull figh,---t man thats a blood thirsty sport (is it sport) the poor thing is teased untill its exhausted enough for an over payed clown to ram a sword between the shoulder blades to the heart. A four wheel vehicle drags the blood soaked body through the dirt to the gate.

The Matador holds up his cape in excellence along with the bulls ears.

Little room for critiscm there Micheal.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 AM

Gee Frosty...I dont Bull Fight...never have
Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 AM

Rep: 209 Posts: 221
"Thailand’s wildlife is threatened by poaching, habitat loss, and an industry that sells wild animals as pets. Although there were 100,000 elephants in Thailand a century ago, the population of elephants in the wild has dropped to an estimated 2,000. Poachers have long hunted elephants for ivory, meat and hides. Poaching of protected species remains a major problem. Hunters have decimated the populations of tigers, leopards and other large cats for their valuable pelts. Many animals (including tigers, bears, crocodiles and king cobras) are farmed or hunted for their meat, which is considered a delicacy, and for their supposed medicinal properties." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ...es_in_Thailand
Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 AM

Well, I seriously doubt that Frosty hunts elephants on weekends. But there are these weird great white hunters who fly thousands of miles to shoot and kill African wildlife.

Sporting men.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Gee Frosty...I dont Bull Fight...never have

Don't you keep your Peso in a bulls ear made into a purse.

I have to warn you I went to Torremolinos when I was young and Magaluf.

( Im ashamed to say that this is true)

But--I only stayed in Torremolinos for about 30 minutes, after being accosted by umpteen brawny Scottish men to go to their bars ( at least I think that what they were saying) I ran for the car and moved to Marbella.

I loved the Spanish dancing show on the promenade, it was free. 'l'le never forget that and will see it again one day.
Closed Thread