Google Earth

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by MikeJohns, Jul 18, 2006.

1. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

I thought it was google earth, but I did have a look and it was earthbrowser, I am stupid not misleading, are you jumpy with me seaspark? You want the register number for the program? yes? Maybe I pay you an edition of the program yes? You think I cheat you on this post? I dont think you are that important... I am off this lousy thread... thanks for the help seaspark

Edit: Yes, I gave you a neg for your unkind word... enjoy it while it last

2. RHough

RHough Retro Dude

Port Moody BC ... my boat is at the end of our dock :)

Attached Files:

3. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Dang, your own dock. That must be sweet! How are the the maint. issues? Like a boat, is it a hole you throw a bunch of money into?

4. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Misleading:

From the the reply to the pm is send you about this subject i concluded you were deliberately misleading us:

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Clever about the product on Earthbrowser you thick... you are really something heh... with your way of looking into a forum not for friendship and information.

6. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

PM's should stay private.

1 person likes this.
  7. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

His a fine gentlemen who doent understand that part Sir, I would even send him PM anymore, I didnt ask for his help he just PM me and now tell the forum not to help me and call me misleading about a program? I am stupid, careless, and non-tech, yes... but I am learning alot from this forum through constructive point of view not by rubbing people off so they themselve look good and shiny, Seaspark, what a guy u are, let other measure you by your action.

I am trying to get a pic of my home so other friends can see my shed, that's all and I get this?

8. RHough

RHough Retro Dude

So far it has been a next to nothing expense for maintenance. I've had to replace one chain that keeps it close to one of the pilings. The tidal range here is about 16ft so the chains around the pilings get a work-out.

It's going to cost a little bit to run water and power all the way to the float, the end of the dock is close to 200 feet from the house.

We pay property tax on about $40,000 a year for the water lease and the dock, the water lease and dock license is $14,000 for 10 years. So while we don't pay marina fee's, having the boat on our dock is not exactly free :)

1 person likes this.
  9. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Forum for help

I have always had the impression this forum was founded to enable people to help eachother out.

So when people post messages like "my google earth picture is not clear" while they are delibarately using some other software to create this unclear picture this is chewing at the foundations of the forum. And wasting time of people trying to solve the problem a forum member posted.

10. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Be careful Rough! You pointed out your home! And, what is worst, your boat! Remember what W. Faulkner's wrote in "As I Lay Dying", Chapter 30 (If my memory doesn't fails), about the bombs dropping off from the grey skys....;)

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Westlawn,-- what you going on about?,-- Sea spark didnt mean as much as you think. Any way wheres your shed? I want to see it. is it in Jurong? , that looked to be where you were heading.

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Mr Hough you boat looks a bit exposed on the end of your dock there, dont it get a bit rough at times. I assume that its exposed to the sea.

13. hansp77

hansp77

home and boat.
    We have been tempted to go down the river to the boat, but its definately the long way.

Attached Files:

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well I can see your house clearly--thats the one with the little red flag on the chimney but wheres the boat? --in the marina?. it looks a very busy place, a bit more going on there than where poor ole figg lives. It looks as though you will be staggering distance from the nearest bar,-- good one. can you zoom in on the boat a bit?

15. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Haha, yeah Hans does live in a town that has a few more people and bars in it.
    Hans, You could do that trip in a few hours with your new dink!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.