Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hey variribbler your typing has gone big.

2. variverrunner

variverrunner Junior Member

Thanks for mentioning Frosty

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ah--its gone small again.

4. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

You basically moved the goal posts. Well, not really; you just added another set of them behind the original ones. The original question obviously had nothing in it about catastrophic change, and I haven't seen anyone claim it did. That would have required a follow-up question: if so, do you believe the change could be catastrophic?

Tell you what: why don't you go ask all those scientists if they believe AGW is a conspiracy created and directed by the Illuminati, AKA the Rothschild family?

If you don't want to do that, just ask them whether they believe the vast majority of climatologists are fudging their data and conclusions, to obtain and keep government funding.

Then ask them whether they believe climatologists are so stupid and incompetent they haven't thought of and addressed all the simplistic objections you keep coming up with....

5. RayThackeray

RayThackeray Senior Member

Troll alert - put on IGNORE

Finally, it's been made clear to us that Yobbo is just a troll.

In his own words as below, he actually admitted that he is playing mind games or having a laugh. This is precisely what trolls do, they make completely outrageous comments and sit back and have a good old perverted giggle at the idiots responding to them. The more exasperated you get, the funnier they find it.

PLEASE - don't feed the trolls. I know it's hard to ignore such nonsense, but you can make it easier by putting him on IGNORE by clicking on his name, then selecting "View Public Profile", then it's a little hard to see, but in the bar below then name you'll see "Add Yobarncle to Your Ignore List".

Then maybe we can get back to a rational discussion.

Yobarncle: "Some astute members have suggested my more outrageous suggestions were high humor, or mind games, or a parable of how much could be made from a little, or just pure contrarianism. To some extent, all of those are true."

6. Silver Raven

Silver Raven Senior Member

baracles

Gooday Ray - There are many 'baracles' in these forums - best you - scrape them off your bottom & sail on - being better for the removal of such grubs from you bottom. If you just - stay quiet & ignore them - they will go cling to someone elses bottom.

Try being a little less bothered with them - as with all barnacles - there only very small & can be - removed - failing that - just sail-on & come to better places & enjoy your life, days & nice people. Ciao, bloke, james

7. variverrunner

variverrunner Junior Member

Yobarncle:
    Yobbo,

For clarity, what is a "Warmist" to you? Are the members of this forum that voted for the first choice in the poll; "Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity" Warmists?

Do you believe that any of us believe in God?

????

Allan

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

He believes that not only is he right, but he's so on the side of God and good sense that no one in his right mind could rationally disagree with him. Therefore we're either dishonest and/or stupid, or we've been brainwashed by a pseudo-religious cult.

One of the oldest arguments around: accusing science of being just another religion.....

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hardly credability building words.

Did he or didnt he ,---make your mind up

10. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

last i night i watched the perfect documentary for this forum. the superships episode about s.w.a.t.h vessels. one swath boat , the kilo moana is a research vessel studying the effects and causes of global warming in the pacific. this is a must see program for anyone interested in swath technology. the series is called superships, i think it is one of the discovery channel shows.

11. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Why do MANY of you INSIST on trying to put words in my mouth or assigning opinions or beliefs to me NOT mine?
    I've amply demonstrated I am NOT reticent about sharing my opinions! Speculation about what I think is ridiculous!

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Because there is no speculation. Over the last year or more you have told us all your beliefs and History and that it takes 20 minutes to get to the store.

Can I suggest senality.

13. Yobarnacle

How many kinds of global warming ARE there, and which ones are worth discussing?

Only ONE kind of global warming needs discussing. The ALARMING kind. I believe fewer people are worried about ALARMING global warming than ALARMISTS claim!

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2009/05/why-america-does-not-care-about-global-warming/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/126560/Americans-Global-Warming-Concerns-Continue-Drop.aspx

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/press-room/2011/global-warming-cools-off-as-top-concern.html

http://www.660news.com/news/local/a...-warming-is-not-a-major-environmental-concern

14. Yobarnacle

Can I suggest someone's UNOBSERVANT? Look at my join date, top right corner of this post, Frosty.
    Now. How long have I been a member? How long have you been reading my posts? :D

And if you actually READ my posts, then why would you say the ridiculous things you IMAGINE are my opinions?

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

No I don't read your posts.

What a daft question --how can you reply to a post you havnt read.

If you talking all the graph crap then NO --I dont .

Been dancing with the missis last night?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.