Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

A couple of things for Yob to consider: older people control much of the country's wealth, if not most of it, and they're more likely to vote than any other age group.

Given those two facts, I don't like the chances of any politician who sets out to start killing off the elderly. And no, don't anyone bother trying to tell me Obama wants to do it. In spite of Sarah Palin's ravings about 'death panels,' they weren't in the bill and aren't in the works.

2. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Maybe. Could be a big cycle. Could be it's always been changing. Could be we're only debating now because we got the idea humans could have some control over climate if we wanted to.

Seeing human population change other resources from fish in the sea to trees in the forest, it's hard to believe we're not changing the atmosphere.

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

ME? Are you refering to simple explanation for a complex world as in: Simple CO2 drives our complex climate? :D

Actually, I only posted the ACTUAL, documented, historical origin and goals and WHO are the "Illuminati". Their history and interaction and manipulation of/in the world goes MUCH deeper. I only posted a glimpse. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name given to several groups, both real (historical) and fictitious. Historically the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776, in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria) as the Order of the Illuminati, with an initial membership of five,[1] by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt (d. 1830),[2] who was the first lay professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt.[3]
    It was made up of freethinkers as an offshoot of the Enlightenment and seems to have been modeled on the Freemasons.[4] The Illuminati's members took a vow of secrecy and pledged obedience to their superiors. Members were divided into three main classes, each with several degrees, and many Illuminati chapters drew membership from existing Masonic lodges.

Many influential intellectuals and progressive politicians counted themselves as members, including Ferdinand of Brunswick and the diplomat Xavier von Zwack, the second-in-command of the order.[5] The order had branches in most European countries: it reportedly had around 2,000 members over the span of ten years.[3] It attracted literary men such as Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and Johann Gottfried Herder and the reigning dukes of Gotha and Weimar.

In 1777 Karl Theodor became ruler of Bavaria. He was a proponent of Enlightened Despotism and his government banned all secret societies including the Illuminati.
    The March 2, 1785 edict, which explicitely mentioned the names Illuminati and Freemason and banned them for reason of treason and heresy, "seems to have been deathblow to the Illuminati in Bavaria." Weishaupt had fled and documents and internal correspondences, seized in 1786 and 1787, were subsequently published by the government in 1787.[6] Von Zwack's home was searched to disclose much of the group's literature.[5]
    During house searches various documents of the order that showed further circumstantial evidence for their radical objectives were confiscated. Documents which were found with a deceased courier gave away information about names of several members. In two letters to the bishop of Freising, sent within the same year (June 18 and November 12), Pope Pius VI declared membership of the order to be incompatible with the Catholic faith.[citation needed]

This is REAL history, not fantasy! :)

4. variverrunner

variverrunner Junior Member

This is sad

Yobbo,

So now you are asking everyone to believe the History of the Illuminatti because it appears in Wikipedia? Seriously? You are Crushing your own credibility.

Do you understand that Everything you read is not true?

For God's sake, PPPPPPlease stay away from comic book stands. I can just see the headlines now: Man wearing cape jumps from roof trying to fly.

Seriously, Are you okay? It might be a good idea for you to see a Doctor?????? If something were to happen, your wife and polka band would miss you.

Allan

5. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

But what you weave on top of that little bit of history is fantasy. You apparently believe that the Bavarian Illuminati not only survived the purge, but went on to basically take over western civilization. I think that's pure poppycock, and just barely more believable than the Reptile People.

And no... believing in a worldwide conspiracy that's secretly pulling the strings of our leaders, educators and scientists is hardly the same as believing in the effects of a physical phenomenon.

6. Yobarnacle

LOL I'm NOT worried the government is going to round us up and gas or shoot us.
    But we certainly live in interesting times! That's a chinese curse you know, to wish on someone.

There ARE misanthropists who want to dramatically reduce world population and are also warm-mongers.
    The AGW hypothesis, besides the power to disrupt society and lifestyle, has an equal potential to instigate strife/ even war between generations.
    This potential has not been exercised yet, but SEEDS have been planted. When you read or hear about climate criminals destroying the futures of next generations, imagine the effect on naturally rebellious adolescent minds!
    Change the rhetoric from oil companies to the elderly being the climate criminals?

I'm not really worried about it, but I believe before too long, we will see some activists stirring up this sentiment among the impressionable young.
    If the greenies don't achieve their AGW social agendas, they have this up their sleeve.
    Obviously it could be blamed on the elderly "resistant" to change.
    Remove the old powerfull voting block, then Social Security and medicare become manageable, the moderate individual wealths of the elderly is re-distributed amongst the young inheritors, who go on a spending spree, and stimulate the economy, and capitolize small businesses, creating jobs.
    Feasible? LOL
    If a bunch of punks want to the reduce population around my house, here would be as good a place to start as any.
    A reduction in the punk population would naturally follow!
    I'll youthanize a bunch of em before I go down! :D

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

His faith's got him drinking coolaid everyday, little wonder he's so concerned with some spiking his prune juice

8. variverrunner

Yobbo Seriously

Yobbo,

Take some time and have a conversation with your wife about these ideas.

It might help to have someone you can trust to bounce things off of.

Do you realize exactly how much you are bouncing around? It is pretty alarming.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

Allan

9. variverrunner

im still laughing

Boston,

Thanks loads for the video clip to lighten the day!!!

Allan

10. sdowney717

sdowney717 Senior Member

Here is some fun stuff to read up on the depopulation agenda of the elite to establish the NWO.

http://www.infowars.com/the-move-to-depopulate-the-planet/

I have no doubts that 'great' minds think alike. PolPot, Mao, Stalin, Hitler all manged to depopulate a significant number in the 20th century. People who like the NWO way of thinking look at it like this, overpopulation creates the ills of our age, get rid of the people get rid of the problems. I have read that Comrade Stalin said something like that.

Also, how did they bring down world trade center building 7 so fast as it was seemingly undamaged?

More fun stuff to read.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/wtc7.html

11. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Scary how the tin foil hat people put their "information" out and to other gullible souls it looks like science. They believe it and then repeat it as fact. Scary.

12. variverrunner

Really

BPL
    Are you implying that Soylent Green wasn't really made out of people?

WOW, i feel so much safer now.

Thanks

13. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Soylent Green is closer to reality than many of the tin foil hat theories here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_meat
    "Some have speculated that in vitro meat might require fewer resources and produce less greenhouse gas and other waste than conventional meat production"

14. RayThackeray

RayThackeray Senior Member

Yobbo, seriously, get help. I really hope you don't have guns, but judging by your posts you do fit the profile of the kind of person who would have a small arsenal. I am really worried about you.

15. Yobarnacle

There are existing copies of the documents and historical records of political and religious edicts banning the illuminati. Bavaria and the catholics of that time certainly knew they existed and acted against them. But you can't kill a philosophy or secret society by outlawing it. But it sure is a good way to strengthen it!

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/illuminatitexts.html

II. Documents of the order, published by the Bavarian government or otherwise, and hostile polemics.

Einige Originalschriften des Illuminaten Ordens, Munich, 1787.
    Nachtrag von weiteren Originalschriften, Munich, 1787
    Der ächte Illuminat, oder die whren, unverbesserten Rituale der Illuminaten, Edessa (Frankfort-on-the-Main), 1788
    Cosandey, Renner, and Grünberger, Drei merkwürdige Aussagen die innere Einrichtung des Illuminatenordens, Munich, 1786
    Same (with Utzschneider), Grosse Absichten des Ordens der Illuminaten mit Nachtrag, I, II, III, Munich, 1786.
    Der neuesten Arbeiten des Sparticus und Philo, Munich, 1793.
    Illuminatus Dirigens, oder Schottischer Ritter. Ein Pendant, etc., Munich, 1794.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.