Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Breaking up agribusiness and giving the land to the people instead sounds like communism to me. Whatever happened to your faith in capitalism and the free market -- much less in the sanctity of private property?

Here's a reality check: like it or not, American agribusiness has flourished as family farms died for many reasons, but a prime reason is that they're more efficient and better capitalized.

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

So --you forget what you post too. Senality and ignorance thats difficult to communicate with is that.

Believe and tremble from who --God.

All I have to do is say Im sorry and repent, it says so in the bible jesus will always forgive. So I can go sit by the duck pond and read the Heaven times with everyone else.

What else can he do --kill me -im already dead.

I could believe in Santa Claus easier.

Its frankly quite frightening to think that you were a captain of a ship. I did believe you but to be honest Im not sure now seeing as though you cant remember what you say.

Sorry im not hijacking the thread simply questioning the credability of this man that floods the forum with cut and paste rubbish day and night.

Global warming!!!! Oh yeah --god did it?

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

I never suggested, and won't, anything resembling land reform.
    Stop subsidies. Agri-business will start selling farm lands. Agri business has their snout in the public trough.

http://www.foodfirst.org/backgrounders/subsidies

"On the surface, the argument against subsidies is quite compelling. Reforms in US farm policy instituted after 1996 established subsidy programs in which payments to farmers are triggered once prices fall below a floor price (the loan rate), which is set by Congress. While these subsidies shelter US farms from risk, critics argue that the floor prices encourage overproduction, generating surpluses that are then dumped on the international market at prices well below the cost of production. In fact, critics claim, the main beneficiaries of subsidy payments are not farmers, but large agribusiness firms, whose access to a steady supply of cheap farm commodities reduces their costs and boosts their profits (as they don’t pass through full cost savings to consumers). This line of reasoning leads to the assumption that reducing subsidies would curb overproduction and boost prices. Critics further note, correctly, that US agricultural tariffs are higher than those levied by developing countries, and call for their reduction.[1]"

The government screws up anything it touches. The CORRECT business of government is protecting our rights and national defense. Anything else, they are messing around where they shouldn't! :)

4. Yobarnacle

5. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

thats nothing compared to farming in the EU especially France, they waste more than the US defense budget

6. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

The farm subsidies are part of the bilderburg conspiracy to get all Americans hooked on Soya products ( I just made that up) that product that no government in the world will actually say is safe...., thats is true!
    "soy is poison" 5 million hits in google..
    Look behind the scene and will will find out there are only 2 global companies that market it who spend more than cigarette companies telling you its good for you...
    I guess that documentry wont be showing in the US any time soon

7. Yobarnacle

The Bill of Rights, first ten admendments, are our most IMPORTANTANT constitutional protections.
    1st Admendment Freedom of Speech is VERY popular.
    2nd Amendment Right to bear arms. Very popular among conservatives and some liberals.
    Lot's of people want to take the 5th amendment! And companion 4th amendment, together decree. Not incriminate yourself. Freedom from unwarranted search and arrest an not tried twice same crime.

So. How many know and support the tenth admendment? Last of the Bill of Rights!

U.S. Constitution: Tenth Amendment

Tenth Amendment – Reserved Powers

Amendment Text
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I do! Force the Fed BACK to the Constitution! :) but not a smiling matter!

And according to the 10th amendment, Federal government has NO authority to regulate carbon. To do so is un-constitutional.

8. Yobarnacle

9. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Well its their money isnt it?? LOL

on the other hand thats chicken feed the EU can never explain where about 100billion Euros go each year..never had their accounts signed off, a bit like Greece

10. Yobarnacle

We eat soy sauce, but nothing else I know of from soy. Use olive oil and peanut oil and sesame oil. We sprout at home, but not soybeans. I like lentil sprouts. :)
    Some soy based plastics and paints, but don't EAT them.

11. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Most overseas countries support that 2nd with gusto..in your country anyway
    ( bilderburg population thinning at work)

12. Yobarnacle

Gun shot death isn't a big killer in USA

United States
    All causes
    Diseases of heart (I00-I09,I11,I13,I20-I51) 616,828
    Malignant neoplasms (C00-C97) 565,469
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases (J40-J47) 141,090
    Cerebrovascular diseases (I60-I69) 134,148
    Accidents (unintentional injuries) (V01-X59,Y85-Y86) 121,902
    Alzheimer's disease (G30) 82,435
    Diabetes mellitus (E10-E14) 70,553
    Influenza and pneumonia (J09-J18) 56,284
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (N00-N07,N17-N19,N25-N27) 48,237
    Intentional self-harm (suicide) (*U03,X60-X84,Y87.0) 36,035
    Septicemia (A40-A41) 35,927
    Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis (K70,K73-K74) 29,963
    Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease (I10,I12,I15) 25,742
    Parkinson's disease (G20-G21) 20,483
    Assault (homicide) (*U01-*U02,X85-Y09,Y87.1) 17,826
    All other causes (Residual) 469,062

List doesn't include deaths by doctor error which is 3rd highest cause of death. If include doctors, homicide falls off list of top 15 causes entirely. And not all homicide is by gun. Large % is knife attack. :)

In the USA, guns SAVE more lives than they take!

Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day.1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives
    * Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).6 And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."

http://gunowners.org/sk0802.htm

13. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

and the prescription drug abuse by doctors to patients...those bilderburg trained doctors have repeatedly lobbied against federal government monitoring of who gets what ( dont think there is any other country in the world that silly ( well maybe the UK coz they dont have computers there)

14. Yobarnacle

tongue in cheek? :)

15. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

I had to mention the UK part after Dr Harold Shipman who killed at least 218 of his customers with morphine overdoses and used more morphine than all the other doctors in the UK added together but....paper records....well at least when he gets out of prison he will get his license back as stuck off for life in the UK means you get it back in one year on appeal...ahh the bilderburg national health system

(oh well he accidently hung himself in prison)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.