Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Whooaa YES SIR.

How long have you worked as a bouncer for the boat Forum.

We were discussing the suns affect on Global warming that was then being refered to as Gods warming then the sun became involved as being responsable. Yobi questioned the sun and said God made it.

I suggested that train of thought was juvenile to which you replied in agreement giving your religious views and then demanded we were not to talk about it. I disagree.

Now--- may we please continue?

2. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

WRONG! All this has been proven to be recent propaganda in last 100 years or less. The atheists take anything remotely similar in ancient cultures and try to say the jews copied it from old. You will not be allowed to preach your false doctrines unchallenged.
    And, you can't win. I'm better educated than you are. I know more. :)

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Crikey --another one!!

You forgot to say ' I know more--so there'.

4. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Yob, the parallels with other religions have always been there; they weren't 'invented by atheists.'

Boston, the fact that you can find parallels between Jewish beliefs and older religions doesn't necessarily prove the Jews 'copied' them.

So how about a mutual ceasefire? Personally, I'm outa here until the thread either gets back on topic or gets locked....

5. Yobarnacle

Just saying the obvious truth Frosty. Those of us who have spent a lifetime in religious study, certainly know more than those who look for somebody else's failed argument to quote. :)

6. Yobarnacle

I keep posting data on GW isn't alarming. And from Boston and Frosty I get attacks on my religion. :)
    I guess it's fair in Boston's perspective. I'm attacking HIS religion, man made global warming! :D

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I'm fortunate Frosty ole been, I got the lunatic fringe on ignore and its quite the time saver, so golly gee I missed all that about how gwod made the sun and dern tootn right she did. :D:D:D

I was just presenting a reasonable counterpoint to balance the jive with the history of the fantasy, so our readers don't think we're all off our rockers. Then of course the obligatory plea to actually respect our host here and maybe, by some snowballs chance in Irkalla actually stick to the subject.

Didn't come off to strong did it ? :p:D:p:D:p:D:p

Troy, I'm all for getting things back on track, I've argued that we respect our moderators wishes and I've continually tried presenting on topic references to the group for consideration. Yup I made one post to express a little history of religious mythology, and it included a plea to return to the subject.

As I said
    prostletize somewhere else peeps
    no one wants to hear it

Love B

OH and its not just Jewish beliefs Troy, the Pauline Christians took elements from numerous religions, most Hellanistic pagan actually. For instance ritual cannibalism , Which modern Pauline Christians call the Eucharist. Now really, what self respecting Jew, a person with serious food mores, would engage in ritual cannibalism. Obviously, most elements of modern mythology were taken from former mythologies and although most Pauline Christians would prefer to believe in the dogma the reality is most if not nearly all there mythos elements were taken from the Hellenistic pagan mythologies .

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Obvious truth ? please dont try that with me yobi thats juvenile religious study --and your not the only one to have the bible thrust down there throat every day at Holy Trinity secondary modern school.

And as a toddler Christs primary school Both parents atheist but let me do my own thinking which is where you as Catholic went wrong.

I learnt my atheism by walking the streets of this world and looking and feeling pain of humans crawling and praying as they die in the dirt and starve and suffer more and more. Religion does not make it better, and we would be better if we did not have it.

Starving to death waiting for some false hope of a better future is cruel teaching and totally none productive.

That is what I call OBVIOUS yobi.

I feel that religion is the doom of all, and is one of the most important subjects that we could possible talk about as basically the Whole words is confused by this fuel that either drives you or drains you.

Show me the most religious country and ille show you the poorest with most violence. Is that not obvious enough?

Yeah --I know Bugger off and talk about it somewhere else.

9. Yobarnacle

Boston. Are Gaia-ists gay? :)

I'm not catholic and did not have a parochial education, Frosty. :)

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

WHAT the??????? Im going.

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

OH and speaking of bouncing, I've got to go fill in for someone tonight

maybe the thread will be back on track when I return, hopefully

snowballs chance in Irkalla :p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D I just hope at least someone else got that one :idea::idea::idea::idea::D:D:D:D

12. Yobarnacle

Only catholics believe in transubstantiation. Also, catholics are DEFINETLY not Paulists. They believe Peter was their first "Pope". Paul "withstood Peter to his face!" Your ignorance is showing! :)

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Those who try to convince the hardest are the ones least sure.

Lets get back to the obvious and not he said -she said 2000 years ago.

Your having enough trouble convincing warming statistics with you recent graphs and publications, you would think you would be smart enough to leave the 2000 year old stuff out.

Your credibility is in shambles, im the only one left talking to you, and im going to cure that now...............

14. Yobarnacle

Bye Bye Frosty. But you aren't the only one reading here! :)

15. Yobarnacle

Back on topic. :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.