Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

I think it's obvious you are trying to put words in my mouth. I said the conspiracy goes back to 88, after the 70s theory of a coming ice age crashed and burned.

and you don't have and never had 10,000, let alone 10s of 1000s of scientists supporting anthropogenic CO2 catastrophic warming! That's a pure LIE! And those that say it are LIARS!

The, ahem, "consensus" of 2500 "scientists" approving the IPCC report, included mostly politicians who were not scientists, and included many fictional characters including Bulwinkle the moose.

There is a petition AGAINST GWT (Global Warming Tantrums or theory, don't remember) signed by 31,000 american scientists. And other scientist petitions and letters against you.

As to "settled" or "incontrovertible" or "debate is over" crap, those don't exist in real science. Everything is ALWAYS open to refutation or improving.

Einstein when informed 3 scientists refuted his theory of relativity, replied "It only takes one! If he can do it!"

Warm-mongers don't PERMIT any other views or theories or dats, because they know they're vulnerable to being proved liars! :p

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Qui est un exploit accompli.

3. Yobarnacle

Here below are the 4 posts you refer to. Read them again. I know you can read, but do you understand what you read?

Most probably, you simply can't think of any thing smart to say.
    Didn't your mama tell you, "It's better to be silent and let people think you're a fool, than open your mouth and PROVE it!"
    :p

Yobarnacle
    Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2011
    Rep: 518 Posts: 495

Boston
    I'll happily compare my brains against yours in any mental contest you'd like.

#2757 Post Feedback Flag for Moderator Today, 12:14 PM
    Yobarnacle

Quote:
    Boston
    water vapor is a feedback and according to Boils Laws is governed by temp, not the other way around.

LOL
    What kind of psuedo science are you preaching?

I figured you read this ridiculous Boils Law reference somewhere and were just blindly quoting some ignoramus. I've searched long on several search engines, and nowhere can I find a reference such as you make. Therefore I conclude, since you don't even know how to spell Boyle's Law, and think it's spelled Boils, you must have jumped to an erroneous conclusion without research. Feel free to link, if you were only parroting someone elses leap of gnostic "science".

Boyle's Law is the primary (most relevant) law of the physics of gasses applicable to deep sea divers.

It states that pressure is inversely proportional to volumn at a constant temperature.

If pressure is doubled, volumn is halved. and vice versa. It's why divers have to decompress ascending. So the saturated nitrogen in their blood doesnt become bubbles and kill them. It's called the bends. At deeper depths than about a hundred feet, they dive on gas. A mixture of helium and oxygen. No nitrogen. Still have to decompress, but not as time consuming and less dangerous.

I've been master of several 4 point dive (4 anchors pattern) vessels on many undersea projects. Carrying 50 hardhat divers and dive tenders, and 2 dozen crew, working at depths up to 1000 ft.

I hope you aren't fooling anybody else. You sure aren't fooling me!

LOL
    Fortunately senility doesn't run in my family.
    Unfortunately, foolishness isn't age specific nor can it be blamed on hereditary factors.
    Poor Boston. Got your foot in your mouth again, pretending to know it all.

#2758 Post Feedback Flag for Moderator Today, 01:24 PM
    Yobarnacle

Why you should object to my presenting alternative views to anthropogenic global warming, I can only speculate why.
    Speculating, I think that YOU think, this is a global warm-mongers thread.
    Wrong.
    Very clearly states in OPs first post, it's for both views.
    Sometimes in past posts, I got the idea, You think this is YOUR thread.
    Boston isn't the OP. Unless you changed your moniker?

Mainly, I'm trying to encourage folks to look at ALL the information available to them. Then make up their own minds.
    Unlike the warmists, I believe people can and should determine for themselves.

I've lived long enough to see this sort of eco-climate panic happen before. In the 70's. But not to this degree of crazy!
    We read, and dissected, Ayn Rands 'Atlas Shrugged' in American Literature in 9th grade in 1962. Smart Lady Ayn Rand.
    I imagine that's no longer a popular book in todays schools. It should be required reading for ALL teachers, as well as students.

Where you are disadvantaged, Boston, is your age and your super-ego as a brainiac. Me? I'm no genius. I'm only one of the merely very bright!
    If you are 30 (more or less) and I'll be generous and say childhood ended at 15, then you have 15 years +/- adult life experience.
    At 63, I have 48 +/- years adult life experience. And I'm no couch potatoe!
    So, it's going to be difficult to bamboozle me. Seen too much. Been there, done that. Not my first rodeo, pal.
    Anyway, I'll be here warning folks about the warmer warner's real objectives!
    And all pro bono! All gratis. Volunteered, unpaid effort.
    Because I'm a more devout believer than even you are.
    What do I so fervently believe?

I believe you and the warm-mongers are DANGEROUS! VERY!

Too bad we don't have an emote of a toxic/poison/death's head I could paste on warmists posts I quote.

#2759 Post Feedback Flag for Moderator Today, 02:26 PM
    Yobarnacle

Boston
    You aren't one of those Gaia religionists are you? Would explain a lot of your views!

4. BPL

BPL Senior Member

People resort to character assassination when they don't have a leg to stand on arguing the facts of the matter.

5. Yobarnacle

Are you referring to Boston recently calling me delusional and senile, or all the way back about a 1000 posts and up to now, he always disparaged me as "not doing science well, or willfully ignorant, and other such diminishments?

Or are you referring to the general attitude of warm-mongers toward anyone, including distinguished scientists, who dare disagree with them?

If so, I agree with you. :cool:

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Is that why we are hearing all the talk about the kennel on the car roof?

7. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Carbon Dioxide In Greenhouses

The benefits of carbon dioxide as a supplementation on plant growth and production within the greenhouse environment have been well understood for many years.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is an essential component of photosynthesis (also called carbon assimilation). Photosynthesis is a chemical process that uses light energy to convert CO2 and water into sugars in green plants. These sugars are then used for growth within the plant, through respiration. The difference between the rate of photosynthesis and the rate of respiration is the basis for dry-matter accumulation (growth) in the plant. In greenhouse production the aim of all growers is to increase dry-matter content and economically optimize crop yield. CO2 increases productivity through improved plant growth and vigour. Some ways in which productivity is increased by CO2 include earlier flowering, higher fruit yields, reduced bud abortion in roses, improved stem strength and flower size. Growers should regard CO2 as a nutrient.

For the majority of greenhouse crops, net photosynthesis increases as CO2 levels increase from 340–1,000 ppm (parts per million). Most crops show that for any given level of photosynthetically active radiation (PAR), increasing the CO2 level to 1,000 ppm will increase the photosynthesis by about 50% over ambient CO2 levels.

Carbon Dioxide (Co2) Enrichment
    Air Fertilization

The Importance of Carbon Dioxide (Co2)
    for Healthy Plant Growth

Most of the applied research on greenhouse crops has dealt with effects of environmental conditions on plant growth. Factors such as water, light, temperature and nutrients are more easily controlled for optimum growth. It is now possible to also control and accurately measure Carbon Dioxide concentrations in greenhouse and Controlled Environment Garden (CEG) atmospheres.

Carbon Dioxide (CO2) contributes to plant growth as part of the miracle of nature known as photosynthesis. This enables plants to combine Carbon Dioxide and water with the aid of light energy to form sugar. Some of these sugars are converted into complex compounds that increase dry solid plant substances for continued growth to final maturity. However, when the supply of carbon dioxide is cut off, or reduced, the complex plant cell structure cannot utilize the sun's energy fully and growth or development is curtailed.

So it would seem that higher CO2 levels may,would or will lead to better plant growth that may allow or supply our needs without having to resort to putting more land into cultivation...:p

8. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

He didn't *really* post anything quite that stupid, did he?

ROFLMAO.

Problem Boston has, he's tied himself to the 'cause' without understanding the science or the limitations on the science.

I'll leave people to ponder on the WB Yeats quote:

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

If we substitute 'ignorant' for 'worst', who does it fit? Though I must say, Yob, it also goes close to fitting you because climate is changing, on my assessment of the data, and some of your certainties are equally based on conviction rather than evidence.

On that note I think I'll skip over the next few pages of this thread. Not like I'm going to miss anything of substance. IMO the forum moderator should have shut it down ages ago.

PDW

9. Yobarnacle

I have said I don't believe in the climate warming myth, and also said I agree temperatures have risen .8 degree C in 150 years. I am not contradicting myself. :D
    The "myth" I don't believe in, is catastrophic warming, nor do I believe it's CO2 driven, nor do I believe man is causing the warming.
    But of course, climate is ALWAYS changing.

I'll admit some of my convictions I have trouble finding others thinking the same way, I can link to.
    My conclusions are in some cases logic constructs. Logic is always debatable.

I know I come across as hardnosed and hardheaded. I can easily explain that. It's really simply just that, I AM! LOL :D

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Duh --good morning and happy new year, Thai new years today --the insane inexplicable Songkran (google it) water chucking day insnaity can not explain it. 288 people died in the 6 day period so far , today is the last and most insane Traffic at a standstill and trucks with water chuck it at people and motorcycles.

I will be with you for most of the day.

Amazing thread this,. hard to beleive humans with brains so big they are willing to challenge their powerful brains against others, and yet with such brain power we go round and round for thousands of posts.

On a day that I am already dissapointed with humanity I awake to this.

11. Yobarnacle

happy new year Frosty

is it just now 2012 there, or some other year number in chinese or thai calculation?

12. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Is Songkran 3 days late this year for some reason?

Don't be afraid of a little water!

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

A little water !!! we are battened down like there was a war. I have not been outside the gate, I can hear it now, infact its all I can hear, thunderous music from the air conditioning shop on the corner and Sands bar accross the road has 3 water bowsers parked outside it,--- according to the missis who had a look earlier.

I might go for a walk later if I can find my snorkel and mask. Good job its hot sunshine and will be 100 degree later this afternoon.

Songkran was on 13 in phuket now I dont know why nor does any one else but it all comes to a finally here in the 19th.

Its all joy and fun, little girls with small plastic buckets as cute as a button running out into the road to throw water on some passer by.............

They drink and drink then drive home ---well try to. Many people will die today.

It is utter mayem.

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The year of Buddha 2055,-- thats what it says on my road tax license.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.