Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Watch out for those. A guy in Pensacola was smoking one when it shorted and the battery exploded, taking part of his tongue and teeth and maiming his face.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-02-15/news/31064978_1_rechargeable-lithium-battery-fire-report

2. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Actually, I sedom use the inhaler. To much trouble to screw apart and juice it up. Instead, I just sqeeze a couple drops of juice on my tongue. Woah, big nicotine rush! :D

3. hoytedow

Yes.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15356767

4. hoytedow

5. hoytedow

RR is a fine car. Rode in a Silver Shadow once in WPB. Good times.

6. hoytedow

Guten Morgen, du, Herr Yobarnacle.

7. Yobarnacle

I thought RR meant Rail Road. LOL :)

Thats why I asked him if he worked on which train engines. American made EMDs or GE ALCOs, or european, like B&W ALPHAs OR MERCEDES MTUs. LOL

Theyr'e also marinized versions used in deep sea tugs.

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Ahahahahahahhahahahahaaha :p:D:p:D

bulls eye

its an obvious attempt to flood the thread with pure BS and distract, delay, disrupt any rational conversation from occurring.

obviously he's not fooling anyone but some few of the equally deluded

The science is very clear

CO2 is the major greenhouse gas
    it is the primary forcing agent in our climate system
    water vapor is a feedback and according to Boils Laws is governed by temp, not the other way around.

Yabs incessant bleating to the contrary is irrelevant, funny and great for some morning laughs, but irrelevant

The unfortunate truth though is that on a fact based engineering and design sight it would be polite to at least make a pretense of scientific reality.

Unfortunately, Yabs flooded the thread with fantasy and fiction, so humorously blatant that any rational person can see straight through it anyway.

The simple reality is very clear

[​IMG]

which goes hand in hand with

[​IMG]

and this one

http://www.docbrown.info/page04/image002.gif

doesn't take any stroke of genius to figure out the correlation

particularly since the mass isotopic spectrograph of the atmospheric CO2 clearly indicates "ALL" of the excess CO2 in our atmosphere comes from the burning of CO2. As well as about five or six other methods of measurement.

Its a no brainer, assuming your playing with a full deck to begin with :D

All the senile ranting in the world won't change the facts

Love
    B

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Bingo

even I don't see any value in trying to set him straight, some folks are blind, and some put on blindfolds, some simply slowly loose it as they get older. Its not hard to see which combination we've got here

10. Yobarnacle

Boston
    I'll happily compare my brains against yours in any mental contest you'd like. :)

11. Yobarnacle

LOL
    What kind of psuedo science are you preaching? :D

I figured you read this ridiculous Boils Law reference somewhere and were just blindly quoting some ignoramus. I've searched long on several search engines, and nowhere can I find a reference such as you make. Therefore I conclude, since you don't even know how to spell Boyle's Law, and think it's spelled Boils, you must have jumped to an erroneous conclusion without research. Feel free to link, if you were only parroting someone elses leap of gnostic "science".

Boyle's Law is the primary (most relevant) law of the physics of gasses applicable to deep sea divers.

It states that pressure is inversely proportional to volumn at a constant temperature.

If pressure is doubled, volumn is halved. and vice versa. It's why divers have to decompress ascending. So the saturated nitrogen in their blood doesnt become bubbles and kill them. It's called the bends. At deeper depths than about a hundred feet, they dive on gas. A mixture of helium and oxygen. No nitrogen. Still have to decompress, but not as time consuming and less dangerous.

I've been master of several 4 point dive (4 anchors pattern) vessels on many undersea projects. Carrying 50 hardhat divers and dive tenders, and 2 dozen crew, working at depths up to 1000 ft.

I hope you aren't fooling anybody else. You sure aren't fooling me!

LOL
    Fortunately senility doesn't run in my family.
    Unfortunately, foolishness isn't age specific nor can it be blamed on hereditary factors.
    Poor Boston. Got your foot in your mouth again, pretending to know it all. :D

12. Yobarnacle

Why you should object to my presenting alternative views to anthropogenic global warming, I can only speculate why.
    Speculating, I think that YOU think, this is a global warm-mongers thread.
    Wrong.
    Very clearly states in OPs first post, it's for both views.
    Sometimes in past posts, I got the idea, You think this is YOUR thread.
    Boston isn't the OP. Unless you changed your moniker?

Mainly, I'm trying to encourage folks to look at ALL the information available to them. Then make up their own minds.
    Unlike the warmists, I believe people can and should determine for themselves.

I've lived long enough to see this sort of eco-climate panic happen before. In the 70's. But not to this degree of crazy!
    We read, and dissected, Ayn Rands 'Atlas Shrugged' in American Literature in 9th grade in 1962. Smart Lady Ayn Rand.
    I imagine that's no longer a popular book in todays schools. It should be required reading for ALL teachers, as well as students.

Where you are disadvantaged, Boston, is your age and your super-ego as a brainiac. Me? I'm no genius. I'm only one of the merely very bright!
    If you are 30 (more or less) and I'll be generous and say childhood ended at 15, then you have 15 years +/- adult life experience.
    At 63, I have 48 +/- years adult life experience. And I'm no couch potatoe!
    So, it's going to be difficult to bamboozle me. Seen too much. Been there, done that. Not my first rodeo, pal.
    Anyway, I'll be here warning folks about the warmer warner's real objectives!
    And all pro bono! All gratis. Volunteered, unpaid effort.
    Because I'm a more devout believer than even you are.
    What do I so fervently believe?

I believe you and the warm-mongers are DANGEROUS! VERY!

Too bad we don't have an emote of a toxic/poison/death's head I could paste on warmists posts I quote.

13. Yobarnacle

Boston
    You aren't one of those Gaia religionists are you? Would explain a lot of your views!

14. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I think its safe to say, the previous four posts by Yab were pure fantasy, had no basis in science and revolved around the delusion of some grand conspiracy over hundreds of years and involving tens of thousands of scientists, which culminates in some grand scheme to destroy America's economy today. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH riiiiiiiight,

the reality is

the science is very solid on this one

CO2 is a greenhouse gas
    it is the primary greenhouse gas
    it is the primary forcing agent
    which means its the primary determinant factor in how much energy escapes our atmosphere
    more CO2 = higher temps

its a no brainer

the science on this was settled way back in about 1920

15. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

our climate

Yobarnacle, Got some info for you. cannot post it on open forum. I'm the old guy here. send me a PM how I can get it to you. Stan

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.