Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Don't worry Frosty.
    The USA will fire antiballistic missle lasers at the asteroid and pulverize it to tiny pieces that burn up in the atmosphere.
    Didn't you see the movie Asteroids?
    Except we'll do it better than the movie shows!

:D

2. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

Is Bruce Willis the tosseroid they sent on that asteroid?:D

3. Yobarnacle

Sorry Boston, burning up a pulverized huge asteroid in the atmosphere will undoubtedly add light/heat reflecting dust aerosols in high altitudes. Might even cause something similar to a nuclear winter.
    In the future, people may look back on the alarmist global warming 2 decades as halcyon! (the good old days, when the future seemed rosey, warm, and happy)

4. Yobarnacle

That movie with Bruce Willis was Deep Impact I think.
    Oil drillers are not the sort I'd send to save the world. they are accustomed to having 50 foot joints and 5 gallon pails of dope.

(joints of pipe, not ganja. and pails of pipe dope. not crack or horse) :D

5. sdowney717

sdowney717 Senior Member

Amount of ice in Bering Sea reaches all-time record

Amount of ice in Bering Sea reaches all-time record

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/11/bering_sea_ice_cover/

And this
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/nasa-global-warming-letter-astronauts_n_1418017.html

NASA's Global Warming Endorsement Slapped by Astronauts
    http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981255617

Do those who labor under the brain affliction of C02 induced warming even know they have been deceived?
    Or are they the deceivers.

6. bntii

bntii Senior Member

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

way to go B

so what did you think of that published version of the paper we discussed a while back regarding the interglacial weather. I say weather because it was largely going over single data sets from the various ice core stations, rather than the averaged data which would reflect climate better. Local events are not, IMHO climate. I had suspected they would polish it up some and as it turns out they actually shortened it by about half. What was left almost exclusively discussed weather events as recorded by various single ice core sites. My take on that data would be that although the local temps may vary greatly the CO2 content, once calibrated for permeability should still be about the same as any other ice core site.

cheers
    I'd post a link but I can't seem to find where I saved it and I kinda gotta get going.

8. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Haven't revisited it- been trying to keep the wheels from falling off the cart.

9. Yobarnacle

Boston
    Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2008
    Rep: 1432 Posts: 3,315

its as obvious as obvious gets, the place is warming up in direct relationship with the increase in greenhouse gas as well as a few other things, like change in albedo due to ice melt and increasing desertification.

Quote:
    The atypical heat goes back even further. The U.S. winter of 2010-2011 was slightly cooler than normal and one of the snowiest in recent years, but after that things started heating up. The summer of 2011 was the second warmest summer on record.
    The winter that just ended, which in some places was called the year without winter, was the fourth warmest on record. Since last April, it has been the hottest 12-month stretch on record, Crouch said.

let the denial begin

./QUOTE

It's weather when it doesn't support your CO2 delusion, and climate change when you believe it fits your position.

You can't have it both ways. I agree local phenomenon is just weather. But! Both cold and warm winters!

Your opinion doesn't impress anybody when you play AC/DC with the data interpretations. Typical warm-monger fuzzy logic.

You think you can pull these stunts because you've convinced yourself, that anybody who disagrees with you must be stupid. What's stupid is under estimating your opponent.

10. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

T
    Thanks for that info,it does seem that reality is at last making its way through.

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh for Petes sake get a TV --it was Armegedon.

So wrong on one thing means you could be soooooo wrong on others, dont you think?

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

:p ahahaahahahaahahhah :p:p:p you completely misunderstood the entire thing. You might want to actually follow the links provided. :D

You guys are awesome on the morning, :):):) between the dog doing backflips in front of his bowl and you guys cracking me up right and left, its gotta be another great day.

extreme weather events are getting so common the insurance industry is having to drop huge blocks of customers from areas hardest hit.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AjuHoy9oC...erage-weather-disaster-payouts-124608977.html

Cheers peeps
    and best of luck
    your going to need it
    cause that selective thinking thing probably doesn't work in traffic very well :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Quote Boston
    extreme weather events are getting so common the insurance industry is having to drop huge blocks of customers from areas hardest hit.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AjuHoy9oCX...124608977.html

Boss --that was insurance companies re evaluating thier financial liabilities caused by claims --not by unusual weather claims.

14. Yobarnacle

I said deep impact "I think". didn't say it WAS, or I believe. , or I was positive, or "undeniable, irrefutable, obvious, a no brainer" any of that.

In my part of the world, adding a caveat "I think" after a statement means "unsure or have some doubts". Been years since I saw either movie.

Am I wrong sometimes? You bet! I'm human. Wrong is wrong, lies are lies. Are there little lies? Not im my view. Are there degrees of wrong? The only SOOOO WRONG I can imagine is denying God. Because the consequence in eternity is SOOOO terrible.
    :eek:

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

oh really :D

I must have missed that Frosty ole bean cause when I read that I see one reference after another on increasingly sever weather patterns

I'll have to go back and read that again

My bad :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

OK I'm going to bust a gut over here, I gotta go, you peeps try and have a great day

cheers
    B

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.