Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Did you say once you were a ships Captain, and was very highly trained. I can see it now.

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

and still not a single competent response to that list of basics that define why the theory is so rock solid.

Instead all I get is
    [​IMG]

typical :p

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

I expected you to glom on to that bit of sarcasm, Frosty.
    Didn't dissapoint me. :D

4. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

My friend,please accept my most humble apologies,I must have missed your statement somehow.It was brilliant,none the less.May the Tides and weather be with you.:D:;)

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

its irrelevant that the temps were warmer or cooler in the past, the relevant factor is how fast they warmed or cooled. Which is what everyones so worried about today. The fact that we are warming at such a rapid pace species are already dropping like flies. But you guys already knew that, or at least have been clued in a number of times, your just ignoring it. Obviously a case of selective memory. or as Jerry said,

you aint going to learn
    what you don't want to know

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Of coarse the world has been hotter, a lot hotter --it was once molten for billions of years. So I guess it cooling down from then.

I like it as it is now, I had swim in the sea today --it was lovely

7. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Joint letter to NASA Administrator blasts agency’s policy of ignoring empirical evidence

HOUSTON, TX – April 10, 2012. 49 former NASA scientists and astronauts sent a letter to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden last week admonishing the agency for it’s role in advocating a high degree of certainty that man-made CO2 is a major cause of climate change while neglecting empirical evidence that calls the theory into question.

The group, which includes seven Apollo astronauts and two former directors of NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston, are dismayed over the failure of NASA, and specifically the Goddard Institute For Space Studies (GISS), to make an objective assessment of all available scientific data on climate change. They charge that NASA is relying too heavily on complex climate models that have proven scientifically inadequate in predicting climate only one or two decades in advance.

H. Leighton Steward, chairman of the non-profit Plants Need CO2, noted that many of the former NASA scientists harbored doubts about the significance of the C02-climate change theory and have concerns over NASA’s advocacy on the issue. While making presentations in late 2011 to many of the signatories of the letter, Steward realized that the NASA scientists should make their concerns known to NASA and the GISS.

“These American heroes – the astronauts that took to space and the scientists and engineers that put them there – are simply stating their concern over NASA’s extreme advocacy for an unproven theory,” said Leighton Steward. “There’s a concern that if it turns out that CO2 is not a major cause of climate change, NASA will have put the reputation of NASA, NASA’s current and former employees, and even the very reputation of science itself at risk of public ridicule and distrust.”

Select excerpts from the letter:
    The full text of the letter

1 person likes this.
  8. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Boston
    there is NO rapid pace warming except in the fuzzy headed imaginations of warmists and in the broken dysfunctional climate models you insist is accurately predicting temperature rises, and that simply isn't true.

A warmer winter in the USA isn't climate change. If it is, then the
    terribly cold 2012 winter in Alaska and Russia is also climate change.
    You can't say one is weather and the other proves global warming.

The REAL FACTS are: There has only been a .8 degree C global temperature rise in last 150 years. The top 600 meter thickness of the worlds oceans has only risen .3 degree C in last 100 years. These are data. Facts.

The real fact is, climate scientists, those who insist on global warming, have predicted for 22 years, a dramatic global temperature increase that didn't happen. Tweaking the models hasn't helped. They predicted a big rise during this decade. Last 10 years is nowhere as warm as the predictions.
    Models that can't predict, don't work. That's a Fact!

The whole concept that CO2 drives climate change is NOT a fact!
    It's a theory based on a fuzzy feely notion that ALL that carbon fuel we are burning, HAS to be BAD! That isn't science. That's eco-nut musings.
    Based on this FEELING or intuition, climate scientists, (many are also eco-nuts) developed a theory that CO2 drives climate. They created climate models PREDICATED on, the theory is true. But the models don't work.
    The global average temperatures are NOT dramatically rising.

When ever this is pointed out, you claim it's not valid.

I can understand you find it unbelievable and unacceptable. You have ranted so hard and long, invested so much of your credibility in it, that the failure of the CO2 theory driving climate, also becomes YOUR failure.

You aren't alone. Climate scientists, politicians, and many desperate others fear and resist the same conclusion.

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Doesnt matter any way. there is an asteroid heading this way the size of Texas, you just cant see it yet. We could send up Bruce willis to drill into it and blow it up but naaa I don't think it will work.

This discussion is a bit like 2 flees arguing over wether the dog is sick or not.

10. valvebounce

Sorry Bos,youve lost your case,you're obviously snatching at straws now,
    Perhaps its you that wont learn what you dont want to know.
    Hurrah for good old Gonzo,he cracked your code.:D:p

11. valvebounce

Give me a desert island, Cheryl cole and a long supply of beer,and the climate can go fxxx itself:D

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ahahaahahahahahaahahahha

Yup
    and authored by Frank Idso who's getting paid something like 12k a month by Exxon to deny climate change

Thanks Bamby, its always nice to wake up and have a good laugh. While I'm sure there are some scientists, most notably petroleum geologists, who disagree with the findings of 97% of climate scientists. I'm equally as sure many if not most, like Idso, have an incentive for that disbelief.

Cheers
    Dan

and thanks again, I always get a bang out of Idso and his oh so transparent disinformation campaign.

Anyone else notice that not a single citation was included in that letter, IE no supporting evidence for that mysterious "empirical evidence" mentioned. Ya gotta love the ambiguity of it all. Pure agnotology.

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

:p:p:p:p:p:p man this is my morning isn't it, :D:D:D:D:D I lost my case, :):):):):) damn this is going to be a good day.

again not a single competent rebuttal to that list of the basics of climate science. Yup thats me, I lost my case :rolleyes:

have a great day peeps
    and again thanks for the laughs

Cheers
    B

14. valvebounce

So you've given up then Bos,Glad you're not a sore loser.We did have a few laughs though didnt we :D:p

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Looks to me like your making another incorrect assumption. Oh well, and yup, I sure did have my share of laughs this morning. Soon as I opened that full text of the letter Bamby linked to I recognized the slight of hand of Idso immediately, what fun exposing the agnotology campaign for what it is. Can't tell you how much fun its been playing find the flaw again. :):):):):):):)

Didn't realize how much I missed playing that game until I opened that letter and saw where it was published. Ahahahahhaahahahahhhhaahahahahahahahahahah :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Idso
    Yah, I lost my case, ahaahahahahhaahhahha :p:p:p:p:p:p

OK I gotta get moving, have a great day folks and thanks again for such a funny start.

Cheers
    B

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.