Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

I suspect most people are polarized as to belief in global warming.
    Those who believe the earth is warming encompass ALL who agree it's warmed even a bit.
    I believe it's warmed a bit. The data proves the earth has warmed about 8/10 ths of a degree C in last 150 years. And the oceans 1/3 degreeC in a 100 years. There is no denying this.
    The true issues are: How significant is it? Is it manmade? Are we dooming ourselves? Do we need drastic change to prevent disaster?

These aren't dramatic changes and match other anomalies in climate history.

The ONLY dramatic changes, occur in model predictions. These models have PROVEN to be unreliable. We aren't seeing the predicted dramatic temperature rises.

I bet a poll in the USA, not on belief in global warming, but "Is global warming significant enough to warrant drastic changes?" would tally to be around 80/20. The 80% not wanting ANY drastic change. And not because they're stupid or selfish. Actually, they're the cooler wiser heads, who won't be stampeded by false predictions and sensational lies! I'd like to see such a poll.

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Not a single competent response to the science, yikes.

So the basics are very well established and nothing of those basics is beyond freshman chemistry 1001. Yet we still have a small group of deniers who think that even when we've had the hottest last 12 months on record, its cooling :D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p

[​IMG]

3. Yobarnacle

Are you calling Scripps Institute scientists incompetent, Boston?

Well, I agree with ONE part of your post! You are indeed showing your ***! But must you speak out of it? (your breath! whew!) Real hot house gasses there! :p :p :p

4. Yobarnacle

The lack of warming for more than a decade and the smaller-than-predicted warming over the 22 years since the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change began issuing projections in 1990 proves that computer models have greatly exaggerated how much warming additional CO2 can cause. Faced with this embarrassment, alarmists have shifted from promoting warming to promoting weather extremes, to argue anything unusual that happens in our chaotic climate MUST be ascribed to CO2.

It's CO2, CO2, CO2! It just MUST be responsible for SOMETHING bad! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Doom is around the corner! Doom by ______________! (We'll fill in the blank later), but it's DEFINITELY caused by anthroprogenic CO2! That's an irrefutable FACT!
    So say ye all? (Only approved consensus please) The Yeas have it! What about the Nays? Nays are uneducated boobs and don't count! They can't do science!

Well, those dozens of Fema camps that look like prisons (in case of civil unrest the govt claims) ought to come in handy after the trial about the warmist scam.

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

6. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Nice taste there Hoyt man.

7. Yobarnacle

quoting myself:
    Well, those dozens of Fema camps that look like prisons (in case of civil unrest the govt claims) ought to come in handy after the trial about the warmist scam.
    end quote

No I don't really believe Fema concentration camps exist. Nor do I believe the earth is going to become unlivable warm due to CO2.

I was putting the two myths appropriately together. Tongue in cheek. :p

8. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

9. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

According to geological and fossil records the Earth has had approximately 600 millions years of climate much warmer than the average today. When did "Global warming started"?

1 person likes this.
  10. Yobarnacle

Global Warming Alarmism started with the first IPCC report issued in 1990. :D

The earth has actually been more or less continuously warming since the last ice age. There have been periods where it cooled again before warming. In medieval times, it was much warmer than now. They grew grapes in England.

But there were other ice ages and warm periods earlier.

11. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

Very funny,I am coming to the conclusion you are just a wind up merchant and dont believe what you are saying any more than I do.:p:D;)

12. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

You look a little jaundiced, Bos.

13. valvebounce

valvebounce Senior Member

Now thats cut to the chase,it should dispel all the theories.
    Good thinking Gonzo

14. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Come on, Valvebounce... I said this about a year ago and about 100 pages back on this thread... what... no credit? ;)

15. Yobarnacle

us'n deniers cain't count ta hunnert! haf ter pull off da shoes and unzip ta count ta 20. sum smart ones ken count ta 21, but rekkin must be usin the countin finger too, ta count thet high!

:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.