Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

I have no premise, point, argument or agenda. Just noticed a similarity. Interesting, no?

2. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bot00/bot00090.htm

SamAdams76
    There are more acres of trees in New England today than there were when the pilgrims landed. It’s hard to believe but we are at a peak of a 350 year forestation cycle that was at its ebb in about 1640 or so.

If you count trees larger than 3/4 inch, the limit I can cut with my garden snippers, there are 100 per acre in the quarter of Alaska that has trees. That is 8 billion trees in Alaska.

Many people believe that North America, before the coming of the Spanish explorers, missionaries, and settlers, was a totally pristine, natural, wilderness world with ancient forests covering the landscapes

Romantic and primitivist writers such as William Henry Hudson, Longfellow, Francis Parkman, and Thoreau were major inventors of the The Pristine Myth.

“ the modification of the American continent by fire at the hands of Asian immigrants [now called American Indians, Native Americans, or First Nations/People] was the result of repeated, controlled, surface burns on a cycle of one to three years, broken by occasional holocausts from escape fires and periodic conflagrations during times of drought. Even under ideal circumstances, accidents occurred: signal fires escaped and campfires spread, with the result that valuable range was untimely scorched, buffalo driven away, and villages threatened. Burned corpses on the prairie were far from rare. So extensive were the cumulative effects of these modifications that it may be said that the general consequence of the Indian occupation of the New World was to replace forested land with grassland or savanna, or, where the forest persisted, to open it up and free it from underbrush. Most of the impenetrable woods encountered by explorers were in bogs or swamps from which fire was excluded; naturally drained landscape was nearly everywhere burned. Conversely, almost wherever the European went, forests followed. The Great American Forest may be more a product of settlement than a victim of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_use_of_fire

Game doesn't live in forests. It lives in grasslands, swamps, and brush. Ask any hunter.
    Indians knew it and burned the forests. Grass took it's place, then brush.
    Indians weren't ecologists or animal conservationists as depicted in movies.
    They didn't hunt buffalo with flint tipped arrows. They stampeded whole herds over cliffs just to butcher a few. American west has numerous buffalo cliffs or jumps where this occurred again and again, based on the bones at the base. Ulm Pishkun Buffalo Jump is likely the largest buffalo jump in the world. It was used by the Native Americans in the area between 900 and at least 1500 AD. The cliffs themselves stretch for more than a mile and the site below has compacted bison bones nearly 13 feet (4.0 m) deep. Blackfeet Indians called the buffalo jumps "pishkun", which loosely translates as "deep blood kettle".
    Lewis and Clark witnessed and described the process in expedition journals.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

(
    Speechless:confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(

That is such a dumb post that if you want to remove it I will remove mine too so it dies quickly and no one will know you said it but you had better be quick.

4. BPL

BPL Senior Member

I know remote sensing is more logical, but I'd like to see the space program reignited.

5. Yobarnacle

:cool:
    Let it stand. I believe there is a plan, just don't know what it is. YET. So, I said MAYBE. :)

6. Yobarnacle

me too:)

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Although I get points docked for so called American bashing I don't think America will ever be able to afford space travel again.

The next step is many many times more difficult.

But like yobi said god put the moon there for us to use --- but I don't like cheese!!!

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yobi im not your secretary so google it yourself.

' Thea' theory.

Its how the moon was made and why it is made of the same stuff of Earth.

Ever wonder why we spin --did god give us a little tweek to get us going.

The moon was only 10,000 miles high in those days and tides of 1000 feet high traveled the globe every day.

Your not going to believe where water came from!!

Buy yourself a telly,--no not for Dallas and I love Lucy but for documentaries like 'The universe' with Morgan Freeman, youlle like him --he was god once.

9. Yobarnacle

I like Morgan Freeman, excellent actor. I also like UNIVERSE he hosted. I have copies of many of that series. Downloaded off net. It's also called "Through the Wormhole" and "Secretos del Universo"
    Remember, I said I was always busy doing stuff on net, not just posting here.
    I said I don't watch TV, not that I didn't watch TV programs. :) The net is a better place to watch them. I get to pick and choose the time and program! :).

Oh! I've known about the thea theory quite some time. And that the moon is earth stuff. That's why we haven't been back since 72. We can pick up "moon" rocks right here. Same stuff. A different twist on the collision with planet Thea or Theia, is we didn't collide. Just a near miss. Gravitational fields ripped the moon material into space where it coalesced. Some doom sayers claim it's coming again. They claim astronomers can see it approaching from due south, or is hiding behind the sun. It's being kept a secret so not to cause world panic.
    CPA is this coming December, co-inciding with end of Mayan calendar. I don't believe it, but you'll undoubtedly hear more about it in the fall. Theia or Nibiru, or planet X.
    Classic horror film format is 3 acts. It's coming. It's COMING! IT"S HERE!
    I hope there's an epilogue!

10. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I saw that show and now put him (Freeman) in the propagandist category.

11. Yobarnacle

good morning Hoyt

12. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Buenos días, Yobarnacle.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I suggest you watch it again, thats not the one I watched. Thea collided with Earth when it was molten---- Oh dear we cant even agree on a tv program.

I know what I saw.

Ok Ok you win ----God made everything . I tried every body ---I tried.

1 person likes this.
  14. Yobarnacle

I didn't see the program you saw, or any program about Thea. It's not a new theory. Lotsa literature. And I distinctly said,"I don't believe it's coming again!" Some do, not me!
    I'm looking for the Universe episode on Theia. Not all episodes are available. I'm looking though, and will watch it if I find it! :)
    I can't understand why some people think nature and laws of physics, ect are at odds with a creator. It's his laws of nature and physics ect.
    Did you see the very first Universe with Morgan Freeman? Episode 1, "Searching for the Creator"?

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

A title like that would not attract me.

Thea collided heavily with Earth, almost head to head not a near mis as you say. Damage was very almost total destruction and debri from earth scattered into Earths orbit which over years pulled together making moon.

This was recorded by the same man with a clip board that heard god say "let there be light'.

That is what a big bang is,-- total destruction rebuilt with gravity and NOT a big bang and sky scrapers appear like Ive heard some of you people think.

With this confusion from you in the beginning I feel little incentive to continue the conversation.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.