Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Frostys anti-americanism isn't spurious. He really truly hates America. There is a Lord Flybridge on the no-fly list of suspected terrorists. Any kin to you Frosty?

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Who does ?

Being not american I take every American as I find him but Americas attitude and superior , big foam we are number one finger is nauseous and thats what most people dont like.

Mohamed Ali ex Cassius clay would come on and say I am the greatest I am the fastest best in the world. What happened to modesty that the rest of the world aspired to.

George Bush would walk with his arms stuck out like he was muscle bound, his chest out like a silly pigeon. This was obviously staged,--why,--- he is the President not a marine, it made me sick.

This is the kind of thing that you understand and are familiar with but others don't get it.

I am trying very hard to explain this, its not personal , if it was I would not be talking to Americans here.

Lord Gilbert Bartholemew Flybridge?

I suggested that the link that Hoyt posted was spurious. This is because it seemed unnecessarily detailed, typical sensationalism of an English writer seeking some work. It seemed more like an immature horror novel than a genuine report.

3. Yobarnacle

Human beings as individuals are complex. Not so strange human societies are convoluted. I imagine the quiet american you won't meet, simply because they are quiet and therefore un-noticed. I suppose I may not be included in that group.
    Frosty, I suspect we have some similarities. One is, we both like knocking peoples hats off! :D

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well this is about as clear as it gets

from
    http://www.smh.com.au/environment/c...missions-hit-a-new-record-20120313-1uyk8.html

cheers
    B

might want to start thinking about alternative fuels folks.

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Blah blah freakin' blah.

6. Yobarnacle

The CO2 freaks totally ignore the increased solar activity in the 11 year cycle. Tota;lly ignore that CO2 is only about 3% of the total atmosphere. Totally ignore that only PERHAPS "maximum" human contribution is 30% of the total CO2. Totally ignore that CO2 is a very weak greenhouse gas that has negligible greenhouse effect compared to water vapor which is a powerfull greenhouse gas. They totally ignore watervapor which causes 95% of the greenhouse effect and almost NO relevant amount of water vapor is manmade.
    These CO2 freaks are obstinate and willfully misleading folks that CO2 is a big problem and insist we have to abandon present technology to solve it.. Their argument that manmade CO2 causes global warming is pure nonsense! Their agenda is dangerous! Tell them where to stick their propaganda!

1 person likes this.
  7. Yobarnacle

Machine ideas such as cybernetics and systems theory were applied to natural ecosystems and this relates to the false idea that there is a balance of nature. Cybernetics has been applied to human beings to attempt to build societies without central control self organising networks built of people based on a fantasy view of nature. The ecology movement adopted this idea also and viewed the natural world as systems as it explained how the natural system could stabilise the natural world via natural feedback loops.Norbert Wiener laid out the position that humans machines and ecology are simply nodes in a network in his book Cybernetics or Control and Communication in the Animal and the Machine and this book became the bible of cybernetics. Howard T. Odum and Eugene Odum were brothers. Howard collected data from ecological systems and built electronic networks to simulate them. His brother Eugene then took these ideas to make them the heart of ecology and the hypothesis then became a certainty. However they had distorted the idea and simplified the data to an extraordinary degree. That ecology was balanced became an unexamined and unscientific assumption. Meanwhile in the 1960s Buckminster Fuller invented a radically new kind of structure the geodesic dome which emulated ecosystems by being made of highly connected relatively weak parts. His other system based ideas inspired the Counterculture movement and set up communes of people considering themselves as nodes in a network without hierarchy and applied feedback to try to control and stabilise their societies and used his domes as habitats. These societies mostly broke up within 3 years. Also in the 1960s Steward Brand filmed a demonstration of a networked computer system with a graphics display mouse and keyboard that he believed would save the world by empowering people in a similar way to the communes to be free as individuals. In 1967 Richard Brautigan published the poetry work All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace which called for a cybernetic ecological utopia consisting of a fusion of computers and mammals living in perfect harmony and stability. By the 1970s new problems such as overpopulation limited natural resources and pollution that couldnt be solved by normal hierarchical systems had arrived. Jay Forrester stated that he knew how to solve this and applied systems theory to the problem and drew a cybernetic system diagram for the world. This was turned into a computer model which predicted population collapse. This became the basis of the model that was used by the Club of Rome and the findings from this were published in The Limits to Growth. Forrester then argued for zero growth to maintain a steady state stable equilibrium within the capacity of the Earth.Jan SmutsHowever this was opposed by many people within the environmental movement since the model didnt allow for people to change their values to stabilise the world and also they argued that the model tried to maintain and enforce the current political hierarchy. Arthur Tansley who had invented the term ecosystem had once accused Field Marshall Jan Smuts of the abuse of vegetational concepts. Smuts had invented a philosophy called holism where everyone had a rightful place which was to be managed by white races. The 70s protestors claimed that the same conceptual abuse of the supposed natural order was occurring that it was really being used for political control.At the time there was a general belief in the stability of natural systems. However cracks started to appear when a study was made of predator-prey relationship of wolf and elks. It was found that wild population swings had occurred over centuries. Other studies then found huge variations and a significant lack of homeostasis in natural systems. George Van Dyne then tried to build a computer model to try to simulate a complete ecosystem based on extensive real-world data so as to show how the stability of natural systems actually worked. To his surprise the computer model did not stabilize like the Odums electical model had. The reason for this lack of stabilization was that he had used extensive data which more accurately reflected reality whereas the Odums and other previous ecologists had "ruthlessly simplified nature." The scientific idea had thus been shown to fail but the popular idea remained and even grew as it apparently offered the possibility of a new egalitarian world order.In 2003 a wave of spontaneous revolutions swept through Asia and Europe. Without any central control at all nobody seemed to be in charge except possibly the internet and no overall aims except self-determination and freedom were apparent. This seemed to justify the beliefs of the Computer utopians.However the freedom from these revolutions in fact lasted for only a short time. Curtis compared them with the hippie communes all of which had broken up within three years as the powerful members of the group began to bully the weaker ones the weaker members were unable to band together in their own defence because power structures had been prohibited by the communes rules.Adam Curtis closes the piece by stating that it has become apparent that while the self organising network is good at organising change it is much less good at what comes next networks leave people helpless in the face of people already in power in the world.
    Now their using flawed computer models to predict global warming, and falsifying data to claim the predictions are happening. Don't be a sucker for these manipulators.

8. Petros

Petros Senior Member

Yo!,

Quite wrong there, CO2 is about 400 parts per million in our atmosphere. That is 0.04 percent. It has never been anywhere near 3 percent. Do not exaggerate!

Also I have read that human contribution is closer to 4 percent of total CO2, nowhere near 30 percent. Get your facts straight please.

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

really, CO2 makes up about 60% of the greenhouse gas component of the atmosphere, and the contribution directly attributed to human activities is about 110 parts out of 390. or just a tad under 1/3.

you guys ever look anything up and double check yourselves or is this all just straight from "Rosie"

love
    B

10. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

we need grow more co2 catchin algea..

11. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Greenhouse gas is all the rage,

I'm reading it on every page.

Stop burning here,

You'll heat the air,

You're screwing up the atmosphere,

The hottest air though,

Barring none,

Comes from the lungs of

Denver's Boston!

Blah, blah, blah!

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Riddle me this
    anyone ( else ) know the difference between a forcing agent and a feed back ? and why CO2 considered the former, and water vapor the later ?

13. Yobarnacle

Forcing and feedback malarky...1960s hippy psuedo-science mumbo jumbo. The world doesn't work that way. Never did.

14. Yobarnacle

Thanks for correcting me. It was a typo. I meant to post CO2 is 3% of green house gasses. I also agree that human contribution is minimal. The global warmers spuriously claim a third of it is man made.
    Boston claims CO2 is 60% of greenhouser gas. Water vapor is 95% of green house gas. He ignores water vapor because it squashes his argument. Co2 is 3% of green house gas. Since Boston only counts the 5% that isn't water vapor, then the 3% Co2 assumes a 60% magnitude in that 5% remaining smidgeon (3/5= 60%).
    When scientists indulge in midrash, it's religion, not science!

15. Yobarnacle

Just in case a definition of midrash is needed.
    Ancient jews believed every word in the scriptures had meaning, was important.
    Some names are mentioned once in the bible and no details or minimal. The jewish scribes searched to flesh out these anomalies. They invented stories to do so. That's called midrash.

Ecologists are convinced in their heart of hearts that humans are destroying the planet.
    It doesn't matter that CO2 is an insignificant green house gas, or that the man made CO2 is a tiny tiny insignificant portion.
    They are CONVINCED that CO2 just HAS to be important.
    So like the ancient jews, they use midrash. They make up stories, invent theories, fabricate data. They put a spin on it, so the insignificant now becomes impressive. Feedback loops and hippy psychedelic halucinations.
    Like Bostons CO2 is 60% of green house gas.
    Only when you ignore the 95% of green house gas that is H2O vapor. Midrash! Religion!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.