Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Kill fossil fuels and you kill the most economical fuel source in the world, killing Western civilization.

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

not at all, there's other sources of energy. The algae fuels industry is gearing up big times. Solar just got a lot cheaper, lots cheaper, Thanks to India. The electric car industry was well on its way with the EV-1 and it could be brought back in no time flat, hell its 20+ year old technology. My pyrolysis system should allow me to produce fuel from a number of carbon neutral sources and some that aren't. Nothing new, its just a mater of using it.

Lots of alternatives, most of the technology isn't anything new, its just a mater of breaking the stranglehold of the big 7.

Passing a tax along to the consumer is pure BS. The mere suggestion makes it abundantly clear our senators are bought and paid for by the same corporate oligarchy who should be forced to clean up there own mess.

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Isn't it irrational and illogical for young people struggling to find their way, to accuse older folks of being irrational and illogical? Elders who have had sucessfull careers and led sucessfull lives, maintained sucessfull funcional marriage and partnerships, raised healthy funcional educated families, and are themselves healthy happy and secure? Who is irrational, illogical, and has dysfuncional bad judgement here? :D

4. Yobarnacle

Boston thinks oil controls the world. Wrong. It's the banks. They just ***** us and you still can't see it?

5. hoytedow

Algae schmalgae! That is a complete load of crap and you know it. When you burn fuel made from algae it will put just as much CO2 into the air at $10+ per gallon as fossil fuel at the inflated price of $4 per gallon.

And don't try to feed me more crap about liberating carbon. Every swamp in the world is actively trapping carbon even as we speak.

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

now who is it that doesn't understand ;-) look up carbon neutral fuels and then get back to us

oh
    and is that why carbon is on such a dramatic increase, cause swamps ( that tend to produce methane by the way ) are soaking it all up so efficiently ?

7. Yobarnacle

Boston
    You refer to back to "us'. Is that a royal "we"? or do you have a mouse in your pocket?
    Or are you a shill for the bankers who are the shadow world government?

8. hoytedow

It wasn't just the banks. It was the group of thieves in the Gubment who forced the banks into deals the banks didn't want to make with people who couldn't qualify for mortgages in a proper way. Look into Fannie and Freddy and you will find the usual suspects making a killing off of it. Among the rogues gallery you will find Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and Barack Obama among the recipients (from both parties) of the largess.

http://thevirtuousrepublic.com/?p=1477

9. Yobarnacle

10. hoytedow

We can't lay it all at the doorstep of one group. There were a lot of people taking unrighteous profit and the sheeple let them do it.

11. Yobarnacle

You didn't watch the documentary Hoyt. Its 1 hour and 51 minutes long. You posted 14 minutes after I suggested you watch it! :D

12. hoytedow

I'll watch it but I couldn't fit it into tonight's schedule. I promise.

There is enough tar and feathers to go around a lot of mis-doers.

13. Yobarnacle

I agree. But who is calling the shots? Who are the puppet masters? Is anybody deluded our politicians are working for us or our welfare? Who owns and controls the media and disinformation?
    Since Obama's cabinet and advisors are pure wallstreet, and Romney looks like he'll be the republican candidate (wallstreet again), it's the financiers, the banksters, controlling things. Like Stalin said, it matters not who people vote for, they vote for US!
    Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

14. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Reality Check

America is starting to remind me of Bette Davis in the horror movie classic What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? America is losing its grip on reality. America is acting like an elderly strumpet in too much pancake makeup performing a song-and-dance on the beach while its kinfolk lie dying in the sand.

History is taking us in a certain direction and we don't want to hear about it. We've got our hands clapped over our ears and we're shouting "Kittens and puppies! Kittens and puppies!" Here are some of the things that we're confused about:

Read on here and really consider what he's writing, unfortunately I'm thinking he's rubbing the actual truth closer than I'd like to think...

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Talking of documentaries. One last night said America threw away 25 % of all the food they bought simply because ---wait for it--- they lost it in the fridge and it overstayed its sell by date.

Italians too throw away enough food to feed France.

Chinese throw away nothing, it is an insult to the cheff, the farmer and to god himself.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.