Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

That's right! Any pictures of the new color?

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

here's an interesting snippet from Heartlandgate the leaked Heartland institute papers that are revealing so much

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

the best dark color is red. infra-red is heat. reflecting red means not absorbing the red spectrum. Many many steel ships have red decks. Cooler than grey decks.

4. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

You would think intelligent people would want discussion and real unbiased research into a topic like global warming. I also would think treating other veiwpoints contemptuously, would be considered unscientific and irational. Certainly it is symptomatic of lacking objectivity and an unwillingness to learn the truth. I'd be happy to discuss global warming with anyone as long as we can respect each other.

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

And speaking of learning the truth
    Looks like our man Idso is on the take from corporate interests

from the Heartland Institute's leaked emails
    I think we can call this one Insti-gate
    yup sure would think that people might be interested in unbiased research but apparently thats just not the way the denial machine works.

wasn't that the same Idso you quoted earlier with the caveat saying something about his qualifications

at $11,600 a month I'd say his qualifications are pretty well established :D

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Yep, taken at the Chipola River boat ramp in Marianna, Florida. The photo on the right was taken in April, 2011 at Lake Allatoona, Georgia.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Damn
    and I had the music all queued up and everything

I went with big band
    not sure what goes best with the Gish gallop tho

8. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Ah, missed this post!

Thanks, Hoyt. I like the yellow better just from a looks standpoint. Looks a lot more interesting and cool.

9. hoytedow

Thanks. It is certainly a lot roomier now with the lateral extensions. The air was so cold that the evaporation from the river condensed into a fog.

This photo is of the boat ramp on the Chipola River north of Marianna, Florida. Go visit.

The Land House Boat is parked behind the photographer (me) as this shot was taken.

Attached Files:

10. Boston

Boston Previous Member

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hy guys --you know that there is a clean up going on with non boat related threads.

You need to say boat at least twice in any one post.

This is a serious warning, you may be cut any minute.

Shh Shhe quick hes coming!!

Boat boat boat aboat aboat. My boats floating today.

t

12. hoytedow

How's that heavy snow working for you, Boston? Boat and boat.

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Not at all Frosty. Its just politics and religion that are out. Tends to get messy. Although we've had our moments over here as well. Hell we've had moments everywhere at least twice so I'm no to worried about it.

Climate issues are very directly related to yacht design. I can't even remotely pick my design unless I consider the conditions and that means weather. Which an offshoot of climate. I'm not sure there's any large sea fairing nations which aren't studying the effects climate shift is having on there coastlines

Speaking of which, conditions are changing due to climate shift and mitigating those changes is essential for longer term investments

from
    http://www.climatechange.gov.au/publications/coastline/wave-climate.aspx

and then there's always the ever present denialist machine at least one of which just got exposed for the fraud it is

http://www.desmogblog.com/heartland-insider-exposes-institute-s-budget-and-strategy

14. hoytedow

I am skeptical of those skeptical of the deniers diatribe. :p

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Global warming is being ignored by governments all over the world (politics oopsSTOP.

However some people believe that the Earth can not possible be at risk or God will save it ( religion --ooops STOP.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.