Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

while your entitled to your own opinion, your not entitled to your own facts. We have a working theory capable of making accurate predictions. What do you got ??????????

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

oh I ignored data now, thats cool, I couldn't help but notice your ignoring that every single position paper concerning this issue by every single major university is in agreement with the theory of Rapid Global Climate Shift.

or were you hoping to change the subject to my having ignored data rather than you misreporting about the consensus

Are we really going to begin this wild attack on reality again. The bait and switch of climate denial, the Gish gallop. Good plan I'll turn on some music and watch as the folly's unfold

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Cat. I'm not arguing that paving hasn't increased heat. Obviously concrete and as-phalt absorb and holds heat longer than wood or paper thin leaves. Because of mass. And Black absorbs energy. I'm just saying that dark green is also an excellent color to absorb solar energy. Plants live on it.

4. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Ok, thanks, Yo.

That is all my point was. It was that there could be plenty of other reasons for a blip in the temperature observed at one point. As a trained scientist, I'm bothered that only the hypothesis of carbon emissions was considered and immediately validated.

Don't forget that photosynthesis is an *endo*thermic reaction, meaning that photosynthesis actually absorbs the energy that lands on the forest green leaf and uses that energy to make chemicals instead of storing heat it like the pavement does. Every plant out there that was ripped up to make a parking lot can no longer:

*Absorb heat and turn it into glucose or ATP and Oxygen
    *Provide you with Oxygen to breathe
    *Absorb Carbon Dioxide you breath out as waste

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/generalchemistry/a/aa051903a.htm

I'm not that passionate about this discussion like I was in the boat security plan gun thread a while back, so I'll just watch you fellas have at the debate. :)

5. Yobarnacle

Have you posted university position reports? Or am I to take your word for it?
    You haven't adressed any of the facts or opinions in my posts except to dismiss them offhand.

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Ok I got the music playing
    GOOOOOO Yobar. show me the foot work

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

you can take my word for it :p

Sorry but I haven't stopped laughing long enough to even consider altering your views. Hang on I gotta go get a pizza. looks like it needs another maybe 20 minutes or so. Ok proceed ;-)

8. Yobarnacle

Even your own high priest scientist admit under pressure there hasn't been warming since 1998.

Professor Muller of Berkely, confronted with dissent, caved and admitted that indeed, both ocean and land measurements show that global warming STOPPED INCREASING IN 1998.

9. Yobarnacle

The Massive NASA & IPCC Embarrassment: Hansen's Abysmal Global Warming Model Predictions
    James Hansen has provided proof over the last few decades that climate models are worthless as climate prediction tools - will NASA & the IPCC admit failure?

http://www.c3headlines.com/2012/01/...abysmal-global-warming-model-predictions.html

10. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Horse pucky

But I did like the part about having a high priest. Does he sacrifice children as well, cause if your going for flash and awe you might as well go for flash and awe. You could even picture him standing at some kinda alter with the rest of the IPCC all around in robes or something, then maybe have them all chant

Damn, That warming for stopping on us like that.
    Damn, That warming for stopping on us like that
    Damn, That warming for stopping on us like that

while they all pass there children forward. :p:p:p:p:p:p

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

yup I see a massive embarrassment all right,

ok now its time for me to go get the pizza.

12. Yobarnacle

13. Yobarnacle

Once again Boston
    It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you. You are now ignored again. Last time was a week. This time is a month.

14. Boston

Boston Previous Member

oh damn, and I was just sitting down to my Pizza

couldn't help but notice that site you linked to. isn't that the one that also promotes the flat earth society ?

15. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

My teardrop trailer, the "Land House Boat" was painted dark green and it got very hot inside as a result. It has since been re-painted a nice light yellow.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.