Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

the greatest producer of oxygen is the oceans. The microscopic plants on the surface. Since they produce oxygen, obviously absorb CO2. The oceans are more resilient than the alarmist believe

2. Yobarnacle

frijol amigo

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Nor do I live any form of ostentatious life style. My big goal these days is to get a retirement boat built and do eco tours up on the inside passage. I got plenty of years left so I can have some fun with it as well. Can't wait to actually get started. Deal is our world is changing so fast, our oceans are in big trouble.

Oh well
    I'll make use of it eventually
    but until then I'm just a glorified carpenter trying to get published again.

Anyway so whats the deal, obviously Hoyt didn't comprehend the reason recent temp doesn't show up in the ice core data.

4. Yobarnacle

Hoyt
    Are you mad at me?

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ah how could I have missed it, another change of subject, on the ropes again eh.

classic, no wonder you hold such outlandish ideas, your never going to learn anything if you just run from ever admitting when someones made a perfectly valid point.

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

you could be Hitler himself and as long as you don't believe in climate change and believe in the same god Hoyt does he'd be on your team.

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

No! I'm not even angry at Boston, just dismayed he refuses to see the light.
    "En todas partes cuecen habas!"

8. hoytedow

Boston, no free hole means you must buy dinner and a movie first.

9. Yobarnacle

There you go again. The thread is 6 years old. It's been abandoned and revived several times. The poll is Do you believe humans responsible for global warming OR that its natural causes (and thrown in with it Not believe in global warming at all)
    I have admitted that we are still warming after last ice age. I see no data to indicate an alarmist stance is warranted or appropriate. I think those who are alarmists are dangerous. More dangrous than catastrophic warming if it existed.

Co2 levels are high. Nobody knows why. Lots CLAIM they know why and bombard you with their propaganda.

The scenario that heightened CO2 will cause high temperatures from green house effect is unsubstantiated. Laboratory experiments aren't realistic because they don't include the earths biosphere. Perhaps more CO2 will stimulate more plant growth. Then we'll have an oxygen rich crisis where everything will want to spontaneously combust.

I'm a wait let's see guy. I admonish others to do likewise

10. Yobarnacle

samo samo fubar

11. hoytedow

Por seguro.

12. Yobarnacle

Boston,
    If you don't already have a thread for your retirement boat, why not start one? I have an unusual concept that may not have been tried before, but isn't outlandish looking. In fact could be as classy has you'd like.
    And not cost a fortune and be green to boot.

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

from
    http://www.realclimate.org/index.ph...ncreases-are-due-to-human-activities-updated/

and from

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/question746.htm

we get a very basic understanding of the greenhouse effect

14. Yobarnacle

ok. We agree on something. I have long believed that increased CO2 levels were primarily from burning off large tracts of timber. Both intentional land clearing burning, and forest fires. Like the droughty summer we just had, forest fires everywhere in the west. Millions of acres up in smoke.

15. Yobarnacle

the folks burning off the rain forrests in south america, you can't stop them. It's a shame it's happening, but they're poor farming folk trying to make a subsistance living. They aren't going stop trying to survive for benefit of somebody in the future.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.