Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

so coming from the guy who thinks he's got his own personal satellite, you also want us to believe that no amount of CO2 can alter the atmosphere "and" that "every" scientist knows this ?????.

Yikes

You may not have read the above citation but my bet is most of the other readers did. ( about ten times as many people read this as comment )

Even once I show that the CO2 estimates are conservative ( which I knew before I started ) and that in fact even more CO2 is going into the system than what is left over in the atmosphere ( by about 60% ) you've made it clear that no mater what, your not going to believe it. But you'd instead like to believe that
    even when you've been shown numerous articles in respected publications from peer reviewed work that clearly indicates the exact opposite.

and yet you claimed "I'm" delusional.?????

Look up a psychological condition referred to as "projection" and get back to us on that.

Note to the readers
    notice a pattern in the deniers diatribe. Once again they've circled back to an argument presented not more than five or so pages ago. Denying every logical response and reasonable explanation only to raise the same question over and over. This the essence of denial. To refuse all reasonable answers in preference of a lie. The idea that CO2 makes absolutely no difference and every scientists knows this but is afraid to say so is ludicrous in the extreme and has been proven so through multiple citation. Yet that is exactly what these guys insist on. Its called denial, its not based in reality, and it requires that the denier reject reality. Not pretty is it.

cheers
    B

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

so lets see if I got this straight

even if we go through the numbers ourselves and see that the CO2 really does exist and really is flooding the system. your not going to believe it?

taking the energy dep numbers for fuel production and working the numbers ourselves, so no one can possibly miss that the CO2 exists, you still aren't buying it?

Cause I'm willing to show the readers in tangible absolute terms the truth of the climate change issue.

Are you seriously going to respond with "its a scam" and not so much as one peer reviewed work in support of your denial.

wow

but one good thing did come of it, no way the readers could possibly miss that your position is completely untenable.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Wir werden sehen.

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

or yours

5. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

CO2 emissions make absolutely no difference one way or another….Every scientist knows this, BUT IT DOESN"T PAY TO SAY SO

you mistakenly left off an important part of the quote. I rectified it for you

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I was just trying to save you the embarrassment

just wondering how anyone capable of bipedal motion can, well, just read it for yourself, not that it will make any difference whatsoever. Then realize that the rest of the scientific community ( you know the honest ones ) is scrounging by in poverty stricken anonymity.

Climate sceptic Willie Soon received $1m from oil companies
    From
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...oQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNHyj4OGrNdbXNLLpkYzAsDYUcwPaQ
    I could go on and on about how much money the smear campaign is willing to dole out in an effort to save there hides from the litigation that is sure to eventually reach there doors

From
    http://www.fightcleanenergysmears.org/behind_the_smears.cfm

Who’s Behind the Smears

I realize it will make absolutely no difference to you personally, but its important that our visitors and readers see that the site is a science and physics based site with rational people offering accurate and rational information

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I would be proud to take oil money (they took plenty of mine). I know a guy who painted Communist Party USA posters, for money. Now that's capitalism!

8. Yobarnacle

GREENPEACE? Are you kidding me? Their credibility is LESS than ZERO! Nobody in their right mind believes the propaganda of those eco-nazis.

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I posted several supporting articles and both are well documented, If you take the time to actually read the articles you will, as well as anyone else who cares to investigate there validity, quickly see that the articles are accurate and have provided ample information to prove themselves so.

Your entitled to your view Yobar but your not entitled to misinform the readers

It pays really well to sell out ones scientific credentials and take the deniers path to perdition

10. Boston

Boston Previous Member

From

http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2011/08/17/298288/rick-perry-big-oil-climate/

Denier Rick Perry Takes $11 Million From Big Oil, Then Claims Climate Scientists "Manipulate Data" For Money

I got more info on the oil and gas industry paying off scientists and politicians than probably all other information combined

If you actually think that it "doesn't pay" to be a denier, well lets just revisit that comment about "me" being delusional.

your not going to fool anyone with this one either Yobar.

I'm just curious how anyone can cling to such patently false assertions with any form of straight face. I gotta wonder if your not just pulling my leg, cause some of this stuff is just ludicrous in the extreme. Tell me this is all some kinda joke, please, I'm begging ya. Ya just can't be serious.

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Try reading this one and tell me that the makers of that movie weren't paid a fortune by the news media for not only airing that trash but for all the clips and interviews they generated

http://www.durangobill.com/Swindle_Swindle.html

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

wrong again Yobar, the evidence is irrefutable and the facts are against you yet again.

Apparently it pays really really well to be a denier on the take from big oil.

From
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/feb/02/frontpagenews.climatechange

13. Yobarnacle

no no, Boston. YOU are wrong. I say so. I have complete faith in my own good judgement. I've proved it in hazardess crisis after crisis for many decades. I've lived life to the fullest. I've squeezed the juice out of it. I raised my children to be sucessfull and competent. I have an excellent reputation and the highest credentials in my chosen profession. I've been to war, killed the enemy, saw my buddies die, and bled for my country. I've earned a right to my opinions. And IMHO you are wrong

14. Boston

Boston Previous Member

and I respond with
    and your reply what ?

might as well just stick your fingers in your ears and go "na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na"

as I said

you are most certainly entitled to your own opinion, but you are equally as certainly not entitled to misinform the readers.

Rapid Global Climate Shift is, unfortunately very real. If it weren't the deniers would be able to present some form of coherent rebuttal.

15. Yobarnacle

Exactly why I'm bothering with this thread, so the readers are correctly informed. More than just informing, I'm trying to give some peace of mind to folks stressed out over a fabricated horror scenario.
    Life has enough stresses already. Financial worries, health problems, legal problems, family squabbles, job stress, marital problems, immigration problems, investment potfolio management concerns, worries about run-away government spending, unemployment, devalued dollar, worry about possible futures for children, worry about terrorists! Hey,pal! Proven fact! Stress is unhealthy and can even kill.
    When the world finally finds out the scientists weren't just honestly mistaken but knowingly lied about global warming? They should be hauled before a world court, charged with crimes against humanity, and if convicted, executed. Not with some lethal injection recumbent on a gurney. Nope! Hang em high!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.