feedback

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by lazeyjack, Apr 23, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

no matter how much knowledge and how much good advice I post on here, and in saying this I never post on things I know nothing of, except to ask questions
    No matter that I never leave negativbe feed back, even to the most inane comment ,i still get these illiterates destroyng my efforts because of their narrow bigoted views upon hot topics
    The administrater of this fine site should not make it possible to leave negaative feedback for having differing views
    i came here to pass on a lifes knowledge and to learn abt things I know nothing of
    Comments from people like longliner are churlish , and unhelpful the sort of person who instead of presenting a good case would bring out his shotgun
    i leave the forum
    Thanks to all who have helped me

1 person likes this.
  2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

No way of convincing you to stay, eh lazeyjack?
    Too bad- your comments have generally been interesting and fun to read, and your assistance to the newbies very generous. I'd hate to think that one out-of-control argument (the seal thing) would drive you away from a forum that, on the whole, greatly values your presence.

1 person likes this.
  3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I just spent the last 30 mins trying to get off, but thanks you v much I agree, I should not even enter politics, becuz I know I am always right and so on,
    But I will never ever leave neg feedback, may as well be in an msn chatroom
    Yes I will calm down and stay awhile
    smile

4. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Come on Lazeyjack - you know it's a national sport to take the p*ss out of Queenslanders...Will you stay if I say nasty things about New South Walians:( We don't grow pineapples or bananas. There, I've said it....:p

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  5. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

lazy..everyone has something to contribute,,,im the biggest jerk there is ,,,next to walrus ,jack ,and a few other unmentionables,,,,,,,yes we all have opinions,,,,just like *******s ,,,,,we all have one ...and they stink...we all ride the storms and enjoy the good times ,,like ive said before the points dont matter ,,look at me ,,,not much tecknical ,but from experiance,if only the young bucks will listen,,,,,and besides ,,only a quiter ,quits,,,longliner

1 person likes this.
  6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

you did not see what longliner posted to me, I cant see his post here, because he is now on ignore until he romes his neg feedback posting neg feedback is gutless ,and I wont recipricate, if we all posted neg feedback at the slightest offence, the forum would deteriorate into a mess

7. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

read removes

8. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

I take your point Lazeyjack. Nasty stuff. But it's a subject whcih raises hackles in us all. Bear in mind Longliner is an American - a young country lacking Australia's maturity, so naturally he'll rise to the bait. But to walk away is not the way to bolster your argument. If you feel you are right - stand by it. hell man, the English slaughtered hundreds, no thousands of Scots for their point of view (even though we knew we were right...the ********...)
    Best thing is to let history judge you. I know you'll say it's too late for the seals, but...
    I'm keeping out of that debate having spent my working life 'slaughtering' fish for the world market. I know some say fish have 'no feelings'...they're not warm and cuddly like baby seals...but...even a cod was somebody's mum.
    We've got to face it Jack, humans are predators. You'll not change their nature however well meaning your own personal intentions.
    Protest by all means. But stay cool. Don't walk away - keep protesting even when you meet a brick wall. What's that Chinese thing about a small water drop will eventually wear away the hardest stone. Logic old son, that's the sharpest weapon.

9. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

SMILE, I have my own saying
    You can't make a sows ear out of a sows arrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    when people are so illit,
    unsophisticated
    puerile,(dictionary reqd here longlip)
    ignorant
    there is not a lot you can do, when they slaughter themselves with guns at the rate of 30k a year, well no wonder seals are fair game

10. Roly

Roly Senior Member

I'm with you L/J. Ive copped negative. Don't really care.But then I am really rude and short on manners........
    I enjoy your participation......FarK the fatalists. I prefer animals to most humans. Less agendas.

1 person likes this.
  11. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Thanks i follow what you write too, there are some nice features like the ignore button here. i travel lots, Russia to TurkEY N and S, Uk to ua east west, I mix well with all religions, and cultures, most people are decent, but animals have it over many Anyways, can't post too much here, cos it'll be wiped
    try pm,ing Billy Doc you will be amazed!!!!
    i can remember as a kid I shot a blue heron, by mistake, it flew up out of the drain, i just up with gun and it was dead, I thought Christ what sort of person am I, the gun got sold, I grew up.

12. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Jack,

If you're talking about the seal hunters thread, well that stirred some strong feelings on both sides. To be fair, your remarks were pretty strong, even savage. My entry to this forum was to tell a guy that the reason so many people trashed him in the forums was because his favored method of calling others names if they disagreed with him....made him seem like a jerk.

That said, I wouldn't give negative feedback because of a strong disagreement, especially over a topic that, by its very nature, seems to attract strong feelings. I agree with you that there should be some method to review and appeal negative feedback given out of strong emotions arising from the nature of the topic. If longliner did do that.... he was wrong to do it.

We all need to stop and think a bit before hitting that damn "enter" key when the emotional storms are rising.

Hope you stick around, Jack. You've a wealth of knowledge to share, youg'un (Hell, you're four whole months younger than me!). Too many of you Aussies and Poms, like Bergalia and jack frost, criticize we Americans too broadly, assuming we're all idiots. I hate that, so short-sighted and unfair. Each of us is an individual; each of us can act like an idiot or a jerk in his own unique way. I promise that, if you stay, we'll provide ample proof.:p

1 person likes this.
  13. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i take your point, thing is when someone say something like(my petticoat is showing) I get mad, should just larf
    We do tend judge USA Americans, mainly cos of your crackpot leader, and your tendancy to try to impose your will upon the World
    In saying this 5% of your population is wonderful and I have some great friends there And where would we be without Bill Gates? and I truly mean that
    Generally Aussies are pretty much the same as the general public of USA, there being a lot of ignorance , insular thinking, and Bias here too
    i accept that I appear quick to boil. thats cos I have never been able to tolerate fools, I must learn, but really maybe it is too late
    I hear you
    i,m staying, I need help in CAD:))

14. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Only 5%? Damn.... I was hoping we were up to 6 or 7% good guys by now.

Oh No!! Aussies aren't perfect?? :p :p :p

15. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Happy and relaxed, useing the Macs or Linux.. lol.
    I've heard it said that there is special place in hell reserved for Bill Gates and Microsoft.

Mychael

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.