Fastest Atlantic Crossing....

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Bergalia, May 16, 2007.

1. alan white

alan white Senior Member

(Deep bow, "shucks" look on face)---- Well, word origins are my thing ("thing" meaning vocation, hobby, or interest). I could have been a contender. Instead, I bought myself a one-way ticket to Palookaville.
    Believe me, you little people aren't missing much. The thing (vocation, hobby, interest) can be a huge burden at times, and that's when support is most appreciated, when the monumental weight of the world seems to hang on you.

A.

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Easy there, Alan, don't go looking for a larger hat. All you did was one up a transplanted Scot, no big thing.

Hmmmm .... on second thought, maybe you have earned some bragging rights. Bergalia's literate, which makes him a more worthy opponent than the average Scot ... :p :p :D :D

3. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Fastest Atlantic crossing

Ah, we're back to my 'codpiece problem....' :)

4. alan white

alan white Senior Member

We could go on and on with this subject. Me with the big hat down around my scrawly neck, you with the overstretched codpiece (waistband). We should call this thread the fastest Atlantic-crossing fashions for men.
    That doesn't mean attempting to toss your codpiece over the bridge to my side, mind.

A.

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

That's True Alan...Pretty soon we'll have Wilma wading in with suggestions ...'ease of handling, correct useage, possible colour schemes, and tuck-away storage....' :(

6. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Katherine Hepburn did it to Humphrey Bogart in the African Queen. Is that our destiny?
    "Well, now Missy, you can't just weld a propeller out here in the jungle! Why, you'd need a forge, and coal and..."
    "Well c-c-c-c-ouldn't you make a forge, Mr. Alnut?"
    "Sure! If I had a bellows and a..."
    "C-c-c-c-couldnn't we make a bellows out of your pants, Mr. Alnut?"

Yeah, Right!

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Jeees you guys are in for it if Wima sees this.

You had better lock your rep points. I dont know how to do it but Berg does.

Damn good film that, I had it on the boat but now ive lost it .I can only assume its dropped down the back of the wardrobe , that means BILGES. Its gonna have to stay there.

Did he get the prop welded--I cant remember.

8. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Not quite sure Jack. Some time since I saw it...but didn't the German cruiser appear and start shelling them about that time, and didn't the African Queen 'sink' only to reappear drifting towards the end...
    I'll check it out at the local video store and let you know...:)

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Was there a sex scene in it?

Did kate and Hump ever get it together.

As long as it ended happily ever after.

Ah those were the days-- a film without a black man with a gun in it.

10. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Whoops Jack, again you gets it wrong - there were lots - of both!

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Morning walrus what you doing up so early its 6,48 am get back to bed.

Oh youve pissed in it,-- oh Ok

12. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Yeah, good movie. Gotta see it again soon. Yeah, they got it together in the end, in the water of all places. Bogie's got that perfect expression throughout the movie, that shell-shocked look. Especially when he has to go back into the leech infested swamp to pull the boat through. The only time he lightens up is when the two of them are about to be hanged. Then he looks like he's in seventh heaven. Go figure.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

So they got hanged? --Who hung em? ze Germans?

So Hump was well hung? In the water??? what with those leeches?

If I had to have sex with an ole sour puss like kate I would look forward to my hanging, providing it was before sex not during or after.

14. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Have to disagree with you Alan. African Queen was set in the WWI period - before sex was invented. I know that my grandparents never had sex - nor did my parents...Come to think of it....Not sure if I ever did....:(

15. alan white

alan white Senior Member

I went to the zoo once. I think if we're ascended from apes, I can see what did it. That explains the hair as a reminder. Maybe you're family didn't get the drift. Check out the zoo. Monkey cage, not the male-only one. That one's just for kids, to keep them out of trouble. I mean the other one, with the peep-hole. Yeah, I know. I didn't know about it either until last year when my kid showed me. Internet, of course.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.