Fastest Atlantic Crossing....

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Bergalia, May 16, 2007.

1. alan white

alan white Senior Member

One word...Trolls. for Pete's sake, don't use a trolling motor!

A.

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Fastest Atlantic Crossing

No worries here Alan, we ate the last of them years ago...welcome change from haggis and soup made from tufts of wool plucked off the barbed-wire fences....:)

3. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

The sailing club in Trondheim has a small cottage on an island in the fjord one hour by boat maybe, the place is called "Cuba", in the Langesund fjord we have a small island called "Capri", and a rock called "Denmark"...

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Mainly caused by drunken Scotsmen peeing off the said bridge! which of course is why they don't use trousers, too complecated to operate when your in a hurry! but just lift your skirt and your away ;)

5. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Quote Walrus ... just lift your skirt and your away...

Hate correcting you old bean, but it’s “you’re” You Pommies are supposed to have taught us the language you know.

Mind you, I like the Scot skirt idea. Could come in pretty handy, having the old tackle available pronto… well, perhaps when I was a bit younger. :p

6. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Point taken Trev, (something about smart arsed Afrikaans springs to mind!)

7. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Ouch! I deserved that! Couldn't resist the jibe though - all forgiven?

8. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Ah Trev, if only you knew. Harsh winters in Scotland - but if you sit too close to the fire, yer rabbi burns....(poetic justice really):D

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I dont believe that the scotts did not wear something under thier kilts.

From personall experience wearing underpants and trousers in the north of England have I suffered frost bite or at least cold rashes in this area.

Those of you who believe that they do not, have either forgotten or not experienced the bitter cold of these places in a winter.

18 hours of darkness in winter time, a miserable damp cold environment that can not be imagined.

Absalute freezing hell.

10. alan white

alan white Senior Member

It's nuts to consider.

11. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Speaking of golf, Jesus, Moses, and an old man with a beard went golfing. Moses teed off and watched as the ball fell directly into a water pond. Jesus had no better luck, though his ball ended up on a lilly-pad in the middle of the pond. The old man took his turn, and the same thing occurred.
    On approaching the water, Moses stood at the edge and raised his arms. The water parted and he walked down to the bottom and knocked the ball onto the green. Jesus got to the water, but didn't even stop. He simply walked across the water until he reached his ball, and a light swing sent it onto the green alongside of Moses' ball.
    Now it was the old man's turn. He hobbled up to the water and smacked his iron onto the water. This apparently surprised the fish who happened to have his ball in his mouth, who surfaced, only to be seen by a sharp-eyed hawk, who swooped and snared the fish. Flying overhead, the hawk circled until, in a moment of inattention, he crashed into a tree, causing the ball in the fish's mouth to dislodge and bounce to the ground. A squirrell, seeing what he thought must be a new kind of nut, raced over to the still bouncing ball and took it into his cheek pouch. Nervously looking around, he immediately spied the nearby !st hole. There he deposited the ball into the hole.
    The old man grinned. "Hole in one!" he called.
    Moses shook his head, turned to Jesus. "Jeez!" he complained, "I hate it when you you insist on bringing your dad along!"

12. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

What do the sotts wear under the kilt?

They wear.....

Attached Files:

13. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

That, my dear Jack is why the Scots' nether regions - both male and female - are covered in a thick pelt of fur....(often mistaken for a sporran).:)

And Guillermo - I'm impressed with your collection of kilted figures...is there something we should know about your weekend hobby :D

And of course I couldn't end this note wthout once more repeating those hoary old chestnuts:(1) "Tell me Jock, what's worn under the kilt...?"
    "There's nothing worn under the kilt - it's all in perfect working order...."

(2) "Tell me Jock - what do Scotsmen wear under their kilt...?"
    "Stick yer hand up and feel..."
    (In horror)"Och Jock...It's gruesome...."
    "Aye, stick it up again...It's grew some more....":(

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  14. alexlebrit

alexlebrit Senior Member

Of course they didn't wear anything under their kilts - if a Glasgow girl can go out clubbing in January in a micro-mini skirt and a halter top - then a big butch scots man can stride around the highlands in a kilt with no trews on.

15. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Explain yourself Axel... I think your fellow members have a right to know - did you learn this fact from the micro-skirted Glasgow girl...or the big butch Highlander....:p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.