Eight Bells

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dougfrolich, Nov 30, 2006.

1. dougfrolich

dougfrolich Senior Member

Tom Fexas passed away on Wednesday. A great man, and a great insparation to many.

Life is too short

2. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Tom was a good friend who always went out of his way to give me guidance over the last 10 years or so. It was a pleasure to talk to him from time to time, and he was certainly a big presence in boat design and construction. He will be sorely missed.

Eric

3. SmithCraft64

SmithCraft64 Junior Member

My condolences

Death is not extinquishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because dawn has come. May he rest in peace. SmithCraft64

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I remember going to the Melbourne (Australia) boat show in about 1979 (as a 13 year old) and bein dumbfounded at the elegance of the original Midnight Lace. I sat up late that night scribbling away on various bits of paper, doing my best to capture the beauty of her lines.
    I still am.

It was his Westlawn qualification that encouraged me to enroll.

I was never fortunate enough to know the man, but to those who did, I extend my sympathies.

from IBI today...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.