Dark Shadow and Ripple of Light; Ball Lightning or My own Ghost Tale?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Mar 21, 2007.

1. VKRUE

VKRUE Just another boat lover

"There's no such thing as Ghosts !"

Hello Kach22i. I've never experienced anything like what you have discribed but I'd like to relate something that happened to me many years ago and aftrwards... changed my views forever.

"There's no such thing as Ghosts !"

At least that's what I had said late one evening to an old girlfriend.

I'll explain:

I was going to go for a late evening walk one night. My girlfriend (at the time), who had recently moved in with me, refused to let me exit the apartment. After being asked "why not" she reluctantly (only after much coaxing) admited that there were "boogie men" or "monsters" in the dark. We're talking about a 21 year old woman (proffessional too). I argued that I had taken many late evening walks in my life and that monsters and boogie men were only things that parents tell their small children.
    This conversation turned into a very heated argument. Anyway after argueing for an hour or so we finally retired to bed. Our apartment was very small (kitchen and one large room) so the bedroom was also the living room.

The last person in bed usually gets the light switch. She was last in bed this night but, she'd forgot to get the light switch. She asked me if I would turn the lights out. No problem..........

The light switch was on the wall behind our rocker / recliner which sat directly in front of the bed (facing the bed). As I reached for the switch, I got the most frightening feeling of inpending doom that I had ever felt in my life. I actually felt that if I touched that switch I would surely die that very instant. Remembering the arguement earlier, I shrugged off this silly feeling and switched off the light but, I didn't waste any time getting back into the bed. I still felt that feeling that something terrible was happening.

I did not share this experience with my mate for fear of being ridiculed... I just kept my mouth shut and lay there in my bed next to my girlfriend with my eyes open.

As the minutes passed I became increasingly nervous. My mate asked me if something was wrong. I told her that there was nothing wrong with me.

As I peered through the darkness towards that recliner chair I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was sitting in it... watching us ! I vividly remember how the figure was poised. More minutes passed and I began to shake nervously. Again, My girlfriend asked what was wrong with me... I said "nothing, I'm fine". The shaking eventually became quite violent and she rolled over to me and demanded that I tell her the truth.

So, I carefully asked her "do you know anything about how your late uncle died ? (This is how we aquired the rocker / recliner chair.)

Oh boy ! I had opened Pandora's box... a can of worms... whatever !

She began to literally flip out.... saying... "You can see it too ! Can't you ! You can see it... I know you can....

I asked her what she was refering to. She then explained to me in absolute detail that she too could see something sitting in that chair watching us... everything that I was feeling and seeing (in my minds eye, not literally) including the persons pose in the chair, his black cape & hood, his glowing red eyes, his hands ... everything in precise detail.

We both exited that apartment promptly.

Now to many, this may sound like something straight out of a horror movie... black hooded cape and red glowing eyes and all but I tell you the truth, this is what I saw.... and she described it all to me in great detail without any input or suggestions from me. Also, none of these details could have derived from the earlier conversation about the "monsters" and "boogie men" concept that we'd been argueing about simply because we never discussed any kind of discriptions whatsoever of what a "monster" or a "boogie man" would look like.

Since that night, I have experienced many occassions that have involved ghosts... real ghosts.

One day, while working at a restaurant, I had walked out of the kitchen into the counter area (where the costumers sit) and saw something that can only be explained as a ghost.

There were no customers at the particular time and the waitress was cleaning the lid to our coffee churn. This lid was flat and round and was approxamatly 18 inches in diameter. It was made of stainless steel. The waitress had just finished wiping it dry and sat it down on the counter as I had exited the kitchen into the counter area (behind her). After setting the lid down she had turned and started to walk away. She had only taken two steps or so and THE LID LITERALLY LEVITATED UP OFF OF THE COUNTER AND STARTED TO FOLLOW HER !!!!!

Seeing this I said loudly "Judy !" As she turned, the lid (following her, behind the counter) simply dropped straight to the floor. She started to scold me for throwing this lid at her but, realizing that she had actually seen the lid drop straight down (without momentum in a forward motion) she just looked at me in total amazement... then fright. It was time for a break now, a real break.

I've had many other experiences too. Too many to write about here.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  2. kach22i

kach22i Architect

You guys are freaking me out, it was just some shadow and light.:cool:

EDIT:
    While this thread is still active, here are some cool ghost related pictures to share.

Donnamarie, the Haint Mistress of Abingdon
    http://www.carnuts.us/viewtopic.php?t=295
    Sample:
    [​IMG]

Also if you like that sort of thing:

Painting with Light
    http://www.rickdoble.net/paintingwithlight/

3. VKRUE

VKRUE Just another boat lover

Is this a ghost ? Or did you slip some LSD into my drink again.

Attached Files:

4. kach22i

kach22i Architect

I have no idea what that is, so you better put your drink down just to be on the safe side.:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.