Cooking aboard or outdoors

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by daiquiri, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Sharp cheeze, crusty bread, pickles and greens, indeed sumtious fare. Washed down with a dark brew. Watneys Brown or a Guiness. Yum!

2. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

3. Yobarnacle

good one! :D

4. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

That's not you?

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Not really a Guiness.

Guiness has an aquired taste, one ive never manged to conquer. Guiness never did travel well until Chemicals came along. True Guiness is Irish and it can stay there as far as Im concerned.

Plougmans was a southern "plough" mans ( farmer) lunch for eating out doors.

This would be Herofordshire not realy to turnip fields of Yorkshire

6. Yobarnacle

My avatar is really my lovely wife and her lover.

7. Yobarnacle

My favorite US beer is a microbrewery called "Pete's Wicked" very much like Whatneys. In Mexico I like Dos Equis Ambar. A brown beer with the XX brand. Indio is another dark mexican beer but less rich in flavor.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

WTF, Frosty. You can't even post on a cooking forum without badmouthing Americans? What's your problem?

Here's a reality check: obesity levels in the United States and the United Kingdom are roughly the same. Why don't you go rag on your fellow Brits for being fat, if you have an unquenchable compulsion to dump on someone?

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Not keen on Mexican stuff, they have worms in it?

Their processing plant must be disgusting.

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Good morning Troy,--bad head again?

Didnt want you to feel left out --I normaly do Germans or french on Sundays.

Welcome to the discussion your bright character is always welcome

11. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Speaking of Guiness and all, I recently ran into a recipe for Irish Depth Charges:

Fill a double shot glass with vodka. Holding it in one hand, turn a 16 oz beer glass upside down over it, and press it tight.

Turn the beer glass right side up and set on the table, so the shot glass is upside down with the vodka still in it.

Fill the glass halfway with Bass' Pale Ale.

Pouring over a spoon, gently fill the glass the rest of the way with Guiness Stout.

Remove the shot glass, leaving the vodka behind.

Enjoy.....

I think the limiting factor on this drink should be that you have to make it yourself. When you've had too many to make your own, it's time to stop.

12. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

For lunch I used to buy a stick of dry salami, a baguette of French or sourdough bread, a chunk of Swiss or Monterey Jack cheese, and an apple. The idea is to dig out your pocket knife and cut off bits of salami, cheese and apple in turn, with bites of the bread in between.

Best washed down with a dry red wine, especially if you don't have to go back to work after lunch.:)

I originally ran into the combination at a restaurant, where they served the ingredients pre-cut along with a flagon of wine, and called it a 'peasant's lunch.' Who knew peasants had it so good?

13. Yobarnacle

I always cary a pocket knife. an Old Timer with 3 inch carbon blade. I like a fresh sun warmed cantaloupe from farmers market for a snack or lunch. Can't peel without a knife. i like salt on melons and mangos. I cary a metal screw top salt shaker in my pocket. it also just fits comfortably in my fist. :D

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I think they mean a 'Pheasants' lunch

Incidentally the only thing I know about American obesity is from Oprah show, celebrity boot camp , biggest looser etc . Also the fattest man in the world is in American.

If they are not American then I was wrong to connect them as such.

15. Yobarnacle

Americans are much misunderstood. Fault of TV and movies and general stereotyping.
    Troy and I are very dissimilar, both americans, share some common interests and ideas, and vary widely on others.
    Everybody in the world is unique!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.