Climate change

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by rasorinc, Oct 25, 2014.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Thanks.

2. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

A Sugar Free Haribo Bear cleanse (if it's news to you look up the reviews on Amazon) will take care of most any lesser digestion problems and replace them with suffering that's (at least for a time) much, much worse.

3. Poida

Poida Senior Member

They have been talking about the seas rising for years, so I put a mark on the side of my boat where the sea comes up to and it hasn't changed.

You don't need special instruments to measure the level of the sea, just my brains and a marking pen.

Poida

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

There's no argument that the seas are rising, as this is an easy to evaluate thing. I've lived in coastal areas for about 90% of my life and places I was when I was a kid, are mostly underwater now. I know of mansions built in the 60's and 70's that had 300 yards of private beach that are now uninhabitable, because the tide line washes through their living rooms. If you use the aging feature in Google Earth, you can go back and physical see where the sea has reclaimed shore lines, it's pretty stunning in some, typically shoal areas.

5. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

That's a relative measurement though. There are seas that are lowering, like in California.

6. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.