Cat mystery at the 'Top End'

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Bergalia, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Didn't the report also say that various things were laid out in an orderly way below decks and topsides. If they were in bad weather when they went overboard then things would not have been tidy below.
    Why would a torn headsail have been left up?

Mychael

2. Roly

Roly Senior Member

One could definitely be excused for that crossing your mind......
    That may explain the fenders;why so tidy below? Looks like they were sailing with the wind on their stern quarter.That self tacking jib could have flogged itself with all the gybing downwind on autopilot....mains probably a heavy working.

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Roly - never thought of that one! but why? too old to dodge taxes, hardly drug runners? so why? But it's a good theory!!

4. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Cat mystery at 'Top End'

And of course the alien abduction theory will only be proved if the Martians start playing cricket....:p

5. rayk

rayk Senior Member

I think some one on board that boat is having us on.

They bought the boat one week before the departure. The trip of a lifetime was organised in a week on an old boat they had just bought.

They intended to anchor every night. At the end of the first day of the trip, the boat has been steered towards the reef and the Coral Sea.
    Sails set for a beam wind. A north-east course in south-easterlies. Pretty hard course to balance any boat on. Flogging head sail is the first to go.
    Computer still running. Nav gear running to record the course. Engine idling to power the boat. Lights are switched on, but the boat hadnt been steered since the afternoon.

The crew leaves behind everything and steps off the boat naked. All identifying and personal objects are left behind.

A pretty water-tight hoax. I think.:!:

Will these guys turn up and sign a book deal? Will they explain everything to us and solve the mystery? Have they committed a crime?

What is it about multis and mental imbalance?

6. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Pirates - why would pirates attack on not steal anything?

Storm - Somebody has already pointed out everything was in it's place and not thrown around.

The fenders down - What if they did have the fenders down for what ever reason, realising they had them down one of them went to pull them up and fell in. They were not good swimmers so crew member number 2 jumps in to help him, so they would have a third crew member on board.

But what if crew member number 3 thought the same thing and jumped in to save him thinking that 2 would be still on board. After they both jumped in to save him they then realised they should have discussed this between them before acting so impromptually.

Anyway we now have another boat that has been found floating out from Queensland. A 6m fibreglass craft, with everything intact, floating upside down. Diving gear aboard, engines OK.

I was going to Queensland in October to do some diving but I might stay here, I think these bloody Queensland people are a bit spooky.

Poida

7. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Cat mystery at 'Top End'

Avoid Queensland - full of bloody Aussies...

8. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Hey Bergalia one thing about that is if the Martians start winning you'll know at least they wern't poms!

9. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Now one of the wives reckons she is getting vibes from her husband, she is into that sort of ****.

It really is starting to look like a set up.

Except that they have scaled down the search. The families are getting upset that they are not still looking.

Now rightly so as you would always hope that your love ones were still alive and you want them to search but medical experts say that it is unlikely that they would still be alive. Unfortunately you would have to accept that, unless of course you know that there is a chance that they would be alive.

Maybe these guys are hiding somewhere waiting for the chance to appear and be found.

The fact that they have called off the search means this likely hood is probably not possible. Hence the phsycic bullshizer to get them to keep searching.

TV story 2 million?

Poida

10. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Cat mystery at the top end

Gosh Poida but you're so cynical. You'll be saying next that 'Australian Idol' is fixed - that the winner is chosen before the judging begins and like 'Big Brother' the TV stations only run it because they make millions out of the suckers who phone in to vote.
    One wonders what you'll cast doubts on next ? The 'Tooth Fairy', or 'Weapons of Mass Destruction...' Where's it all going to end....:(

11. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Bergalia, you have got me, Oh poo is there no hiding my shame to the tee.

Only minutes before I read this, that I learnt that channel 7's big star from Home and whatever has been voted out of "Dancing With The F/Wits."

It is run by channel 7, and in the beginning channel 7 stars won it. But, all of a sudden they are voted out. As they make money out of the votes they don't care how many votes viewers cast.

But, I said the other night, I wouldn't be surprised if the other TV stations are spending millions of dollars voting for other than channel 7 TV stars.

And tonight one of their biggest TV stars and one of their best dancers gets voted out.

Last series was won by a football player who dances better when playing football.

I'm not a cynic, a realist. Lets see if the voting system doesn't change for the next series.

Or they're too slow to see it.

Poida

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  12. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Wait, wait fellas – I have it! I can’t believe how we all missed it.

Look at Bergalias avatar…
    Notice his location…

It’s a publicity stunt for his upcoming movie! :D

13. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Shiver me thinggies Trev - you've blown it...
    OK coming to a cinema near you: 'Braveheart's Titanic struggle against The Perfect Storm and The Last Wave near a Rocky coastline and Blue Lagoon in South Pacific - II' :mad:

14. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Poida, mate, waaaaaaay too much telly knowledge, you need a life!!;) :D

15. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Poida's only bitter because he was voted out of 'Dancing with the Stars' - well not so much voted out - more arrested for walzing naked at midnight in the car-park of his local club. Magistrate refused to accept his plea that as a child of the universe and a member of the Boat Design Forum he (Poida) was exercising his right to freedom of expression. Witnesses said the sight "frightened a group of passing horses..."

At the same time I believe Qld police have now switched their search for the missing cat crew to 'neighbouring islands' in case they 'swam ashore...'

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.