Cars Tires Slashed

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Oct 24, 2007.

1. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Cars Tires Slashed

I had parked both of my cars on the street in front of my house, each had one rear tire stabbed in the sidewall by a knife, I'm guessing sometime late Sunday night.

The Geo Tracker only gets 2,000 miles a year put on it, the 4-year old tires looked almost new. Discount tire pro-rated the tire wear and gave me half off the tire. They said had I purchased the Road Hazard Certificate they would of replaced the vandalized tire for FREE.

My 30 year old Porsche 911 originally got new rubber from Discount Tire when I purchased it 5-years ago. I replaced the two rear tires at Belle Tire 6-months/1,000 miles ago. Story is that one of the rear tires went flat at a job site, Belle Tire was right across the street, my client gets his tires there and recommended them, plus my client gave me a ride back down town afterwords. No tow truck, no driving on the rim. Now get this, Belle said I did not purchase the Road Hazard (they never offered it to me) and had I done so they still would not cover the vandalized tire. In addition Belle Tire said they would not pro-rate the almost brand new tire at all, they would not give me a discount of any kind either.

I took the tire to Discount tire, not only did they give me half off the new tire, they allowed me to purchase Road Hazard coverage for BOTH rear tires (even the one they did not sell me).

DISCOUNT TIRE America's Largest Independent Tire Dealer, rated number one for as far back as I can remember, and for a good reason - they value their customer's business.

2. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Guess you won't be using "Belle Tire" (or "Tyer" depending on which side of the Atlantic you come from) nor will any of your buddies - how to do yourself out of business in one easy move!

Handy thing to know if you live in the States and drive! As I do neither I guess it's not a lot of use to me - but if I did I guess Belle would be on the way to bankruptcy! A timel warning and what this forum is about (OK so it's not about boats, but hang on a minute, what makes the BEST fenders? car tyres that what! so maybe it is about boats {not in MY marina! you say, but hell they keep the snotty yottie who can't boat handle for 5H1T clear - wouldn't want his topsides marked paint 'em black you numpty!}) ;)

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Sounds to me youve been given a little message,--both cars? Have you located a source of windscreens. Those porche headlamps wont be cheap.

You must be doing something wrong,--going to bed with the wrong wife perhaps?

5. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

dont mind frostys synister mind,,,,,,young punks with nothing to do ,,,or maybe (hovering) around the wrong place,,,,,,,longliner

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I dont think so,--slashing a tyre is the cheapest damage. Walking down it with a key is easier to do and will cost many tyres.

Both cars both rear wheels ---thats a neighbour.

7. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Good one, John! :D

8. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Sorry to hear that, George. Young punks, most likely. Your decision if it's worth investigating, maybe staying up late a few nights and inviting them in for a bit of "up close counseling".

By the way, you're not the only one mistreated by Belle Tire. Apparently they don't believe in building long term relationships:
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/belle-tire-lansing-mi-c616.html

9. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

Crumbs - the service in the US has to be admired (at least at Discount tyres). Can't imagine what would happen here if I got a puncture on a newish tyre and I asked for a discount on the replacement. Laugh? I think I heard a rib crack... I think Belle's attitude woul be standard in the UK, more's the pity.

10. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

I'm with Frosty on this one (that's as rare as rocking horse **** too!) both tires in the same place? How many others in the same street had that done to them? If as I suspect the answers none - check out your neighbours - somebody don't like you!! If the answers plenty check out your local police - somebody ain't doing his job!

Talking of windscreens, head lamps etc - the one that really hurts is the opened and upturned tin of paint stripper on the roof at 0200 by the time you get up its run a bit - that's mean!!

11. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

More fiendishly subtle is the gallon of water in your landlo.... I'm sorry. In some random stranger's gas tank on a night when the temperature is well into the 20's below zero Fahr.

Settles to the bottom, freezes and causes all sorts of aggravation.

Or so I heard. Or, in warm weather, one can rub the door handles with the pulp of a habanero (Scotch Bonnet) pepper. They'll rub an eye eventually that day.

12. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Emmmm, now we can see clearly how Hitler was able to "lead" his people into doing all sorts of horrific deeds.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Where is Upper Midwest I need to know desperately.

14. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

Clues in the name. I'm guessing slightly left of centre and towards the top.

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yeah,-- continue towards the top?? ----of what. The street? Africa, Zimabwe?-----

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.