Cars Tires Slashed

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Oct 24, 2007.

1. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

You never watch any John Wayne films? Its cowboy land! Sitting Bull and all that...

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well why didnt he say so then, eermm wheres that then? Canada?

Oh that reminds me of a joke ,--right Im off to the joke thread.

3. PI Design

PI Design Senior Member

Well, you know Frosty. Them thar sceptics don't always realise there is a world outside the US. ;)
    I'm off to see what your joke is.

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Following yer PI and Frosty

5. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Right again, Frosty. My septic blinders initially had me thinking eponodyne was somewhere in one of about 14 US States, but then my eddication kicked in. :rolleyes: Could be the Upper Midwest of Australia, Canada, Mexico, ... Merry Olde for that matter. :D :D

Off to hear your joke, Frosty.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Na dont bother ,--Mr w Walrus has disapproved of it , suggesting that he had heard it before and even offered me a better punch line. Shame he cant do em himself.

Any way I was thinking,!!!!!! Kach 22 started this thread to discuss the tyre warranty of his slashed tyres. He hasnt commented but ist it strange that our attention has been more on the slashing than the warranty situation?

Mmm maybe I should stop thinking! What do you think?

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Sometimes I think America is the only country in the world. Ever tried using Ebay?

Only some will ship to world wide and its usually the case that the thing you want wont.

Im wanting a oil fiter relocation kit to get the fiters on my Yanmar 6LP's the right way up so oil doesnt drain out of the filters and I have to spin them over for about 30 seconds to get some oil up.

Anyway I cant find the Yanmars huge 24mm filter kit out of all the manufacturers that there are. They cost about 50 dollars --shipping is over 240 dollars. I tried on various items with a shipping calculator,-- Something wrong there. 4llbs 240 dollars???????? What good is Ebay if your not in America?

8. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Car Tyres Slashed

Note I've used the correct spelling for tyres, by the way...But America is the only country the world Frosty...why else would they hold the 'World Series' Baseball competition...in which only America competes....:D

9. safewalrus

But with baseball anybody COULD compete, it's just that we call it 'rounders' and only young girls play it - Oh of course........ yes .........why didn't I think of that!

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

wrong--Baseball is a hard game and involves extremely high speed.

What you are thinking of is Soft ball which is different but equally as popular and is like rounders that girls play in school in the UK.

I used to play rounders a lot when I was at school --if I could find the bus. I didnt like playing with the rough boys at football so I played rounders with the girls. I think I had more fun. They used to wears blue knickers,-- well the ones from rich families that could afford them.

The field was just next to the pig farm and the Farmer would come out and give us pigs testicles, ---dont know why?

11. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Car's tyres slashed

Gentlemen - the above is 'classic' Frosty...As that great Scots bard, Wullie MacShakespeare said: Those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now...Those of you who have spare reputation points - prepare to spread them now....:D

12. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

I believe that Frosty is single-handedly responsible for the sun setting on the British Empire.

BTW, "Upper Midwest" in my case means Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois (depending on where the boat is). Having lived outside the United States for 9 of my 40 years, I know all too well that there's a lot more to that big round wet ball where billions of people live. But them-uns all talk funny and eat spicy food with weird parts,

13. safewalrus

Now epondyne is it the spicy food or the people that have the weird parts? In Frosty's case we don't really need to ask he's just.........weird!

14. safewalrus

When you gonna start? thinking that is!:confused:

15. artemis

artemis Steamboater

A Nice thread to accompany a nice day.

:) About noon in Portland, Oregon on a sunny Sunday - white fluffy clouds in the sky; temperature's supposed to reach 67F. Just the usual Frosty and Walrus fighting; Bergie pushing the Stuarts and hagis; and others doing their inimitable things - but no real rancor or anger. Wish all days could be this nice.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.