A Call to ARMS!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by timgoz, Jul 12, 2007.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Aah so that's why bananas are bent - obvious really!

2. Poida

Poida Senior Member

No Timgoz the thread has not evolved.

The subject of the thread was the lack of Americans engaged in the forum.

We are providing the answer.

We are engaged in humour.

Get it.

Poida

3. safewalrus

Yeah even Frosty can take part in that - normally without grasping the true significance but he's trying (God is he!)

4. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

What are you talking about Poida? We Americans are funny as Hell! That is why we kicked the Brits out; to stuffy.

Tim

5. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Be careful walrus, "snowball" 'll be out to git ya. You mentioned him and God in the same sentence. So did I. :p :p :p

6. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

A call to arms

Sorry Tim - can you just clear this up. Is that funny as in humourous - or funny as in weird....? :D

7. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Both of course, at least in my case.

Tim

8. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Speaking just for myself, YES.
    If you're asking about our government, YES.
    And Tim says YES.
    So the answer to your question is YES.
    Se how accomodating we Yanks can be! :D

9. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Hey Art,

Watch them smileys, they piss off Frosty. Now we would not want to do that would we? (insert smiley here).

Tim

10. artemis

artemis Steamboater

:p :) :D It works. The "snowball" hasn't posted in this thread for almost FOUR (4) days. There is a God for he has worked a miracle (even if "snowball" posts now, it's still a miracle) :D :) :p

11. safewalrus

Wow If only I'd realised sooner! Not only is there a God but it looks rather like he might be American! (gives the rest of us an excuse!)

heres my share for Snowy -:!: :eek: :confused: :( ...........:p :p :p :D :D :D :idea: :eek:

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im going to start deducting points from smiley users,----God-- I hate that tounge sticking out one.,---

Why doesnt God help me and not just every one else? EErrr no thats not true I dont need Gods help ,---well not as much as others do.

Poor ole god must be rushed of his feet in Origon and Cornwall Afganistan. Infact any where the ******* have been helping.

God is not American --He was infact a Yorkshire man hence his ability to communicate, entertain and suffer fools. Something I do every day.

13. artemis

artemis Steamboater

:p :D :) See walrus, it works. Snowball said God (or god) FIVE times in 4 paragraphs. Let's keep it up. :) :D :p

14. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

A call to arms

Slight confusion here Frosty. I believe you’re referring to Enoch Godly whose formative years were spent in a fish and chip shop on Ilkley Moor, and who at the age of ten invented the three-cup stainless steel bra - which unfortunately proved fatal for cross-Channel swimmers.
    But Enoch was in fact born in Lancashire to Elsie Tupperware a tea-towel designer from Burnley, and fathered by wandering Juan Guillermo itinerant Spanish banjo player.
    Enoch would be about six months old when his parents’ wanderings took them to Ilkley, where having fallen upon hard times - due to a lack of interest in Spanish banjos, they exchanged their baby for a bag of chips.

Though of course you may be confusing him with Wilberforce Godling - sales representative for the Yorkshire Pudding Company, whom alas, was found three days before his fiftieth birthday, battered to death.

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Welll Errr you could be right. Did you get that off google too.

About the baby,--- for what I know about babies and that aint much, but from what I do know about them,-- swopping for a bag of chips sounds like a good deal.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.