building 58' liveaboard

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hatt1510, Dec 22, 2004.

1. hatt1510

hatt1510 New Member

help with building technique

Hey all;
    Had a post on the "fiberglass and composite building forum" .I got a few responses,but this forum seems to have a little more traffic....so thought I would "fish for some answers here"...have a 58' hatt hull and want to build a liveaboard....my dilema is what materials would be least expensive and easiest to work with....think I would like to go with wood as I have all the tools and wood working skills necessary....problem is I need a set of "work plans" don't have to be tooo detailed as stated before I'm pretty
    good with wood just need to know the type of wood to use and the types of joints used.I am attaching a drawing.I scanned a pic of the hull then I "outlined it" with the simple program "picture it "that comes with the computer...from there I drew the cabin and fly bridge.....although it is not
    true scale it it pretty close....think you can see what I am wanting.we intend to use the boat for rivers and icw's.we replaced the origional 1271's with 671's and plan to cruise at 5-7 knots..If you know anyone out there (retired perhaps) that would like to get me "jump started" please let me know...thanks hatt1510
    P.S click on thumbnail for larger pic

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Do you want someone to come onboard and design the interior? Where is the boat?