Bonefishin lodge on the Cocos Islands

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by trouty, Jun 13, 2005.

1. trouty

trouty Guest

Hope I don't get into strife for advertising here... :rolleyes:

I've been offered an opportunity to establish a Bonefishing Lodge on the Cocos Islands (Injun Ocean, Near the equator - between Indonesia and Aus, formerley the Cocos Keeling Islands when under the control of the Clunies- Ross family, before becomming an Australian capital territory).

Anyway - I have the charter boat, skippers qualifications and govt. charter licenses to operate fishing charters out of these islands (Christmas islands not far away - thats the injun ocean Christmas Islands - not the Pacific Kiribati Christmas islands).

I will be offering the whole gammut of Fishing from Billfish to dog tooth Tuna etc - and specializing in fly fishing mostly & light tackle sport fishing along with some dive tours etc.

What I need is a dedicated "Fishing Lodge" acommodation for my guests and I've been offered an opportunity for a long term lease of land on the islands to establish such a lodge.

I'm pretty much outta cash until my farm sells, (hopefully soon) so am lookin for someone who loves fishing and wants an offshore islands investement, to join me in this venture. I intend to add a US style flats boat (or two) ala hewes/redfisher etc to the fleet of boats, so that groups of anglers get to do a little flats, bone fishing, some blue water fly fishing, bill fishing etc, as well as a dive or two - before they head back home.

Accomodation infrastructure on the island is OK but limited to shacks with 3 bedrooms etc and already well booked for normal tourism (lay on the beach swim etc). What I need is somewhere I can accomodate myself and guides, as well as a dozen guests at a time, feed and entertain them, after a hard days fishing / diving.

The islands serviced twice weekly by an avro jet, and heavey supplies monthly by ship.

Anyone interested in discussing it can email me at shann_low@hotmail.com or gimme a ring on:- int 0011 61 8 97 561207, for more info.

Cheers n beers!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.