Average entry level salary

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Mullet, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Mullet

Mullet New Member

I am graduating in May with a BS in Ocean Engineering with emphasis in Naval Architecture. I am starting my job hunt and was wondering would is a resonable starting salary for someone out of college in Florida?

Thanks

Johnny

2. ClarkT

ClarkT Senior Member

I guess that depends on which field you go into. If your going into recreational boats, expect $10/hr or so, maybe more. If your into offshore drilling and production platforms, and you've got good skills, you might get as high as $40k/yr.

3. quicksail

quicksail Junior Member

This was a hard question to answer when I was first looking for work. What I did was look at what averages a new graduate engineer is making and try to give the employer a range to work with. You can usually find several internet sites with this sort of info. As far as I can tell you start off pretty modest but as experience and responsibility grows so will your income. Good luck!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.