attention fisherman and fish lovers

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by longliner45, Mar 5, 2007.

1. charmc

charmc Senior Member

So some women can be self-centered jerks. Equal opportunity, yaaaaay! :rolleyes:

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

hang on people, yer fish from the farms are kept in cages right, they can't go anywhere else can they? when they **** (they do **** don't they?) it falls to the bottom of the cage and lies there (nobody goes down with a shovel and gets rid of it does they? or moves the cage every now and them) so the fises swims around in in polluted waters, right? they breath by opening their mouths, in this water is their ****.... QED!!! :D :cool:

It's not the size of the whaleboat, it's how it's propelled - by oars as in the old style 'whalers' and harpooned by hand - Just like then did when Jack were a lad! Gives the fish a chance! which is more than the fish do to yotties!! few have been rammed by whales (big 'mothers' when your in a little boat miles from anywhere) less have lived to tell the tale! And they tell me whale steak is nice! Unfortunately I ain't had the chance 'cos well meaning do gooders have banned whaling! they are taking away my rights!!!!! And if all you smart ar*** are correct we all got rights! So I want to exercise mine and eat whale (not all in one go mind!) :p

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It is quite plane to see that walrus has no Idea about fish farms.

In his little mind he thinks that fish are kept in cages. Walrus that would be a budgy.

Ok I will help you. A fish farm is a farm with fish,--ok so far?

The fish are kept in a net!!!!!!!!!!!! thats all,--it swims about looking at stuff doing fishy things and then boing --it bounces off the perimeter net.

The net is at the bottom as well, otherwise **** will mount up and go all squidgy, the water will be stagnant and the fish will die, which is the bit you were having a problem with --wasnt it?

This means that the fish are in the wild environment but not

Well thats what they are like here in Thailand. Infact a **** load of fish farms have been detroyed last week in the Chau Payar river Bangkok due to an accidental polution problem.

A japanees company has been blamed but after inspection (and a few back handers ) it was found that they were not actually to blame at all. It was the rain or some thing.

Now why in your mind the fish starts to eat its own **** is--well quite frankly beyond me.

4. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Or, They use specially aerated (that's forced air, bit like Walrus) only cleaner, tanks with constant flowing and filtered water.

Mychael

5. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Well meaning dogooders took away your rights to eat people, too, Walrus, although that was once a not so rare practice...:rolleyes:

6. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

Hey Walrus
    If we still had the chance to eat people and whales according to our rights you would do best to hide in the basment or you could be part of the food chain. I had a student once who came from the really far North who said seals and WALRUSES were very good eating. Stay away from the water and watch out for harpoons. LOL

7. safewalrus

Lancer I get your point!! Jack, next time your back this way for a freebe try visiting a Scottish fish farm - you might see what I say is true! you probably wouldn't cos there's non so blind as them that will not see! ;)

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I dont believe you have been to Scotland walrus it would take you months to get there in you Massy Ferguson combined harvester and a straw in your teeth.

The Scotish fish Farms I know nothing of but knowing the Scotish they would be too tight to change the water, or if they do -rebottle it and call it cider and sell it to the West country people,--thats you.

Seriously you must pay more attention next time breeding fish in contaminated water as you suggest wouldnt work.

9. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

I know there are some dubious fish farming practices out there and a few of them used to exist on the west coast of Canada. Those have mostly gone broke. The existing ones are usually floating in more than 100 ft. of water and do a booming business. I know one processor who was processing(gill and gut) 2 million pounds of fish solely from area fish farms a month. These are all atlantic salmon each weighing about 10 to 15 lbs. they get over $4.00 U.S. per pound at the processor. They end up in a lot of New York city restaurants packed in ice within 24 hours from the time they are killed.

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

So thats where they come from.

Here in Thailand at the Carefour supermarkets they sell salmon for 290 baht per kilo,--or the whole fish if you like. baht = 34 to the dollar.

Actually the fish displays are quite something from Obtuse baracuda ,talapa Tab tims, all sorts of fishy things. They cook it for free too.

All displayed in ice sculptures,-- well some times like Christmas.

A french stick and warm fresh cooked Baracuda lovely.

11. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

I think I have a bit of a fish farm in the back garden.To conserve water, I diverted rainfall to fill a large pond as a reservoir. This has worked very well and the water is crystal clear as it is constantly being replenished. I purchased small ornamental carp last year which have survived the winter without loss and are quadruple their original size. At this rate they'll be good eaters in two years, with one proviso. Each carp will likely have a value of $400, so by selling a few I can afford to eat lobster.:D :D

Except, of course, I have grown very attached to the beauties and they wouldn't be for sale.

Another great money making scheme up the kiboosh!!

Pericles

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

13. safewalrus

Jack these fish sound like your type of fish! grow to ginormouse size overnight for nothing! Yep you could do a lot with those, aftr all you couldn't do much with real fish as you think they are born in packets!

14. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

You would eat Koi which are the only pond fish that increase in value. Onimental Carp are very plentiful and used to sell for about $10 a fish on Vancouver Island. Every acrage owner and his dog got into it hoping to cash in. I almost did as well but my kids liked swimming in the pond too much and they would surely have killed the fish before the cat. Trout was another craze for awhile. I think the government was even subsdizing those hobbies. Pond fishing.

15. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

Hey Jack
    That's pretty reasonable price for for salmon. There a lot more than that in Qatar.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.