attention fisherman and fish lovers

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by longliner45, Mar 5, 2007.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Mychael, theroretically mate your right, but it's pie in the sky and you know it! Like saying crap ain't brown really (Ok some time it ain't but mostly......

2. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Which proves the point that the human race basically aint very nice. It thrives on conflict.

Mychael

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I dont understand this or what you mean. If the Germans had won the war I wouldnt be free? why? I would be a different nationality but still free.

50 years ago we were throwing bombs at each other and now we go there for a holiday. People are calling there Alsation -German shepherds again and we buy BMW. People travel FREELY between the countries.

Walrus the war is over. It was the threat of war and Hitler that threatened Europes freedom, as any war does, but they end.

History has shown us that wars end and people become free again.

The war was the threat to freedom.

Why was there a war? because 1 man thought that he and his country were better and deserved more. Viscious greed.

Which is what Mychael is saying, No greedy leaders no wars.

4. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

Jack have you ever lived in a country that was ruled by a dictator. There are lots of them around and nobody is fighting to free the people and give them the same rights that we take for granted. A lot of what people call freedom is a relative term. The fight that most people will get suckered into by their so called leaders is in their minds to protect their stuff. People are motivated more by greed than any other force. The greedier the people are the more likely the conflict. Some areas of the world people are willing to give up some of the free choices we are allowed to make, for stability and not having to make those choices. In a way they sometimes end up with a greater sense of freedom than we do. Sometimes its hard work to be free. The only place one can truly be free in in ones mind. As someone said earlier "if you don't mind it doesn't matter".

5. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Hey!! Yeah, you guys!!! All of you!!

Bunch of numpties, claim to be boat captains and sailors, but you can't keep from getting lost in the forum threads. We were discussing human aggression back over there, in the pirates thread. Over here is hokis 'n scallops 'n dunno fish, no pirates, no aggression.

6. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

Remember that most discoveries of new territories in ancient times were by people who wandered around lost. Some of them good sailors and Captains.LOL Being lost is often the most enjoyable part of Cruising.

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

8. Poida

Poida Senior Member

In my view the only difference between a dictatorship and democracy is in a democracy you change your dictator every few years.

9. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

I agree with you on that one Poida and even then we don't get much of a choice. I am presently living in a country that has (shall we say limited freedom) and other than the fact that out surfing the web sometimes gets curtailed and I can't speak the local language everything else is not that different from home. Here if a government official gets on a cruisade about something or other and gets in your face, a little green stuff usually sets it right. As a matter of fact, that's just like home. LOL

10. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

Now back to fish. My personal preferences are Rock fish fried in a bit of butter with a few vegies and a glass of wine. Especially nice while sitting on the back deck in a secluded anchorage.

11. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Got to agree with you Jack. If wars are fought to free people, when you think of the number of wars that have raged since the beginning of time, there must be a **** loada free people somewhere.

I also agree with Mr Walruss, after all if you have a war and bomb the crap outa people, it's gotta free them. Free them from their physical being and send them up there to roam the heavens.

Funny how democracy claims to be free. It's the result of a capitalist society where you pay for everything, even things you don't use.
    Poida

12. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

I tried to get this fish lovers back on track but what the hell.
    I think that if wars were fought at a top level, like president against president we wouldn't have too many wars and the casulties would benifit all mankind.

13. Lancerbye

Lancerbye Junior Member

This could become a major betting event and HBO would pay huge bucks to cover it. What odds would one give against Bush for example. Hell I think Harper could take him. Smaller countries could get a shot.

14. safewalrus

Lancer, your onto a winner there, we could sell seats and things like icecream to eat during the intervals and then use the money to finance bigger and better guns and bombs to scare the **** outa small countries and then they'd join up to keep you away and get bigger and then their leaders could............Yeah your onto something here....or am I on something?

15. safewalrus

and personnally I prefer most any kind of shell fish - especially cray or lobster! cost's the earth but what the hell

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.