1973saf t mate sprint

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by bob58, Sep 25, 2016.

1. bob58

bob58 New Member

I recently purchased a sat t mate sprint and was told it was a 1964 and they did not have titles back then I believe the boat to be a 1973 .I have peeled off all of the registration tags to the first one it this registration certificate and number awarded this vehicle is valid until DEC 1974 which lead's me to believe this is a 1973. There is a HID tag on the transom (s.t.m 8534em73L) is there a resource to check this number .and were titles issued then?

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

STM is S&S Performance Marine, listed on 213 Florida Ave, Moore Haven, FL. and listed as still in business, though my understanding is this is just the assets of Storm Boats, which is out of business and I think that Storm bought up the molds, which your boat was popped, from yet someone else.

A title search may yield more results, but it's not uncommon to lose a lot of information about builders, particularly over a half a century old, that aren't around any more.

Titles and registrations are a function of the state, not the builder.

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

M73L means it was a 1973 model manufactured in July 1973. If you need to check this out e-mail the Coast Guard at po.l.chang@uscg.mil

4. bob58

bob58 New Member

Thanks Ike that is the information I have been after just got her registered today and secretary of state had a hard time finding her but all is good thanks again

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.